• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another One Bites the Dust ... New M37 Owner

power wagon

no real good pics yet but this is how i found her , in a barn loaded down with years of accumilation , the av. shows it still in the barn, if weather clears it will be home this week

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
no real good pics yet but this is how i found her , in a barn loaded down with years of accumilation , the av. shows it still in the barn, if weather clears it will be home this week
Looks pretty good in the pic...congrats.

P.S... I don't think that "boat top" is original:?:?

1943ht

PW: Sweet ride .. the assault craft is a nice bonus!!! .. it helps when they are in that kind of shape!!

SSSC .. we are a little more mature :p ..

Pics of today's efforts .. plan on finishing up the priming on Sunday .. ran out of Xzylene and steam this afternoon ( getting old is H**l :deadhorse: ) picked up another gallon from my local Home Depot and will start back at it after church tomorrow... Pleased with the TM 9 Primer .. finishes like iron and our paint guru, the UGLYRANGER says that its a great etching primer ... Paul Veins makes a good product! Lots of assist from the CAMO team today .. love it when a plan comes together Hoooohaaaa! :beer:

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dang Mark...that's quite a transformation!!:shock:

Almost gives me enough motivation to start on some of my junk that is sitting and slowly moving further back on the back burner.:oops::oops:

Attachments

1943ht

Well after a church run, was able to get into the HOOCH (Thanks PAPA BEAR) and finish up the priming shoot ... Starting to look pretty good and now the bare metal is protected until I can get the minor body work done. This week’s goal is to get the engine started. Troy and I filled the radiator Friday and she holds water like a pool :p ... water level has not dropped a bit... Have 2 new Optima Red Top Batteries that should be here Monday and we plan on twisting her tail... Previous owner installed an electric fuel pump so I know I will need to rebuild the original as I'm sure the diaphragm is probably toasted but the electric pump should be enough to scope out the engine and go from there. Plan on checking out the spare too as we can probably ground-hop that baby on its shipping pallet.

Attachments

1943ht

Of course it was ... I'm a little slower these days with the TBI etc .. but that would be a stretch even for me :-(
Pics taken after all the stuff was put back into the shop and before I shut the doors ..

Last edited:

BikerBi11

That sure is a sweet ride. I would not even know where to start to look for one of those. And if i found one, I would not even know where to start fixing it up! Best of luck!!

1943ht

Thank you R41!
BB11, Found it in AL on a drive-by mission looking for WWII trailers .. figured the best start was to clean it up and go from there .. hate stripping stuff with that liquid stuff and there is a good sandblasting outfit close by .. primer, engine and then drive-train in that order .. brakes, wiring and then some body work. Interior will need a little TLC and I need to get my XL's installed on the rims as the NDT's are toasted .. Trailer is due in this week to be blasted and primed. One bite of the elephant at a time!

It helps to have a team like CAMO with the knowledge and the space/place and equipment to work with since I am far from home and my own shop. I have the time right now to get her in order before I PCS back to my home.

Last edited:

68t

Thanks Mark for the great pictures, Man,you high speed on the m37, You done a lot of work fast. Looking great. Well are you going to put a 50 cal on it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks Mark for the great pictures, Man,you high speed on the m37, You done a lot of work fast. Looking great. Well are you going to put a 50 cal on it.
Shoot...He's talking about a quad 50!!!:p

I told him the truck will turn over if he opens up with em!

(Just kidding)...but don't give him any ideas.:beer:

Attachments

1943ht

Wendell, good to hear from you .. PAPABEAR is right .. if I could find a way to throw a quad-mount on her I would .. would probably make the "Queen" a little jealous" .. would be like putting a battleship main battery turret on a destroyer :p

1943ht

Tim and team (Thanks James) finished the sandblast on the trailer today, and she is looking pretty good with all the rust and old paint removed.. Will plan on moving her back to the HOOCH tomorrow and blast it with a coat of primer before the holiday .. HAPPY 4TH STEEL SOLDIERS!!!!!! Still have a little metal to straighten out on the trailer, couple of bow supports, 1 corner and some minor body work to do, but overall the old girl is in pretty good shape. Pics make it look like the body is warped .. Just the varied heights of the jack stands .. Goes to show that there is quite a bit of flex in the trailer body.

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Guys and Gals, I wanna tell ya, 1943ht is a rock steady good troop.

Been blown up, legs mangled, brain tossed around (might explain his facination with the CAMO Crew) and is about to retire.
I gotta tell ya...even though he's been off line about a year or two healing up, he's one of the few I would trust to say...I got your back.

Anyhoo...he's been making a mass attack on his M37 and now on his trailer and both projects are above standard for time spent.

Looks like we (CAMO) are gonna lose him to WI. very soon...30-60 days??:(

I think I might just call the Army fellers and see if I can throw a monkey wrench in his "medical retirement".:p

Heck...anybody that can hang here can hang anywhere (almost)!

Here's what the good LTC did today:

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks