• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first 5 ton and now fuel problems

bigmech

I bought a 818 my first 5 ton. When I went to the armory to pick it up, the Gov.liquidation fellow already had it running for me. I thought that was nice of him to jump it and get it running bujt I really wanted to check the fliuds and fuel condition as it had been sitting for a long time. It was running decent and I only had 2 miles to go so I drove it out and made it about 1/2 a mile and it quit in the middle of the road. We pulled it off into a parking lot and found the fuel was smelling worse than any fuel has ever smelled. It was full of parifin flakes and was just all around nasty. I can't beleive it ran at all. I need the fuel filter info. I have never have bought fuel filters for a 5 ton and don't know if I can get one at the NAPA store or not. I need a idea on what fuel additive to put into the tanks afetr I flush them out. I hope I can just change the filter and flush out the tanks. If I'm smoking something someone let me know will you?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks