• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

our ranks are gone?

Monster Man

just suggesting that we bring the ranks back based on posts. I liked that :burger:

only, maybe break it down some more. Like, I've noticed mostly not a lot of members break 100. So, maybe break it up into smaller ranges- like 0-25 would be private, 26-50 would be private first class, 51-75 would be corporal, then 76-125 would be sergeant, then 126-200 would be lieutenant, 201-300 would be Captain, 301-400 would be Major 401-500 Lt. Colonel, 501-600 Colonel

admins and moderators would be General.

I really think this would encourage a lot more posts, and the fast advancement would keep new members participating longer, which helps everybody

just my 2 cents

imported_admin

Thanks Lance. Just haven't had time to do it yet. I've only been in town for 4 of the last 14 day. I'll get this whole thing running smooth very soon. Patience everyone!

Tony

i PARTICIPATE ON THIS SITE FOR TH EINFO I CAN OBTAIN FROM THOSE WHO ARE MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE ON A SUBJECT, AND I WOULD HOPE THEY WOULD HELP ME BECAUSE OF THE COMRADRESHIP OF MILITARY VEHICLES AND NOT BECAUSE HE WOULD GET A STRIP OR A BAR, I HAVE THANKED THE PERSONS THAT HAVE HELPED ME ON SOME OF THE PROBLEMS THAT I PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE.
I WOULD ALSO GIVE ANYONE ON THIS SITE WHATEVER INFO, EXPERIENCE OR KNOWLEDGE I MAY POSESS ON THE SUBJECT, I DO IT BECAUSE I WANT TO.
I REALLY DON'T CARE IF THE SITE GIVES STRIPES/BARS OR NOT.,,BUT TO BE FAIR, HOW WOULD YOU EVALUATE A POST, AS TO WETHER THE POST HAD SOME VALUE TO THE HELP BEING ASKED.
I DO RESPECT ALL OF THE HELP FOR THOSE PERSONS THAT HAVE HELPED ME. IF THAT IS ALL THATIT TAKES GO FOR IT.

MY 2CENTS

TONY

Monster Man

well, I figure the more people talking, the more info comes out. Even if somebody thinks they can't contribute any more, it's little details that often complete the puzzle for somebody else.

Having participated in numerous discussion boards, it seems the same people always post, a newbie will come and post maybe a couple responses then they're gone. There's never really a sense of belonging, and anything that can be done to encourage posting the better and richer each discussion will be. I doubt anybody will be posting to get a rank- but, people would be MORE LIKELY to post if they saw themselves as an active and necessary member of the board :roll:

Elwenil

I would do the rank thing, just because it's a nice touch, and it does generate more conversation. It can lead to "post whoring", but I think everyone here seems to be of a more mature sort, and I doubt that will be a problem. I would suggest spreading the ranks out a bit. Put at least 75-150 posts between ranks. If you don't spread it out enough, you will be surprised at how quick some members will make it to the higher ranks, and then you have to restructre it to spread it out. At that point some of the lower ranked members will loose rank and wonder why. I've seen it happen a few times. You have to think about how long this site is likely to be active, which is probably going to be a very long time considering the growing popularity of MVs.

And Tony, I'm sure you know to down the caps in the future, and the ranking is simply a post count deal, it has no bearing on control of the site, or the quality of the posts. Generally the more knowledgeable members will have higher ranking though, simply because they are answering a lot of questions.

Tony

Elwenil,
Hope no one took offense to the caps, was going along and I realized that the cap lock was on , did not feel to redo, I'm not as proficient on the computer & typing part as you others may be, I'm a teo finger type that has to look at the key board,
But I do intent to hang around for quite a bit, and what ever you guys like to do , its ok with me,

Tony

Elwenil

Hey Tony, no problem, lol. I wasn't offended or anything, just thought I'd mention it before one of the mods jumped you, lol. Some people like to type in all caps all the time for some reason but after looking back on your post, I can see that you simply had the caps lock on since you post starts with "i". It's all cool. ;-)

da_sgt

Elwenil, Good call, Being a Mod myself I was just waiting to "Pounce" :lol: This is a "New" ..."Kinder"..."Peaceful"...Place :freaked: It's all about knowledge and having a good time.....Sure miss YELLING :smilewinkgrin:

imported_admin

The post count related rankings are back in action. It is easy to go up in rank at first and then it takes a while between jumps. That will encourage folks at first. Don't email me and ask me how many you need to get to the next rank. You post-whores know who you are!

Desert Rat

Chris,
I noticed on your info it says "Date Joined Jan 2005 Total Posts : 26" Hmmm. Are you starting over to spur us on or was that a glitch?

Longhunter7

Mr. Administrator,

I hope that you have a rank that would be appropriate for the high level that the Desert Rat has achieved!

Perhaps there could be a position like EMPEROR! :smilewinkgrin: :lol: [^]

Desert Rat

LH,
Thanks! Don't mind me this week, I've had influenza "A" since Monday at 0300 and gasping for air inbetween coughing fits and the like. All I've done is slowly read some of my text books just to gain focus. So, when do I get to see "ESTEEMED EMPEROR" within my heading?

imported_admin

Yeah, I started over here with the new admin. I still have my old name too. I'll break it out soon. I am going to try and mod the post counts for you guys that lost a bunch in the move. I don't know about this emperor stuff. After you break 4-star we'll see what happens. It's just not the same without your 400 smilies in your sig line DR! It does save on bandwidth though.

Desert Rat

Chris,
I had a suspicion about that. Thus the change(as well as the move) to my sig.. I figure after someone breaks 4-star then we go to the joint chiefs or something like that. Although I do like the way EMPEROR would look under my name...............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks