• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Star

41_greg

Hi I'm trying to find out what is the correct size for the door star, hood & bumper numbers. Where can I find correct stenciles?

Thank you
Greg

Jimma

Get the size, go to a sign shop and get magnetic ones made. I have those on my trucks, they look good, are removable and cost us less than stencils. You can get other magnets for various purposes as well to interchange for events and parades. American Legion, VFE, ROTC, etc.

Welder Sam

I get my stencils from " airbrushing-stencils.com " thru their ebay store "gt coatings". Theyre good ppl with decent prices and will do custom stuff. A bit slow on the shipping cuz they just had a premie bb boy. Ive bought from them several times and will do so again.

←pic is how i applied one of them

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

The door stars, if you read yourself throug the mentioned manual, should be 20". Deuces used no more door stars since some time during the Vietnam war. Too good target. In Europe the door stars came out of use (at least the withe ones) in the early 70's. Than they changed to black stars, however according the the literature mainly on the hood and on the bumpers. / front and back. Door stars were very uncommon, even they were still in the manual. The Berlin brigade was different, however for different punpose (show the power and the presence).
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks