• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

markmontana

Good guy and member of SS was involved in a fatal accident. His A3 is damaged beyond belief. Not many details.

James was a good guy and just moved to a great area of Utah with lots of plans. And he really loved his trucks. I'll miss him.

Here's a link to the A3 recovery: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/71649-nellis-m35a3-recovery-sorta.html

And the initial news report of the accident: (from ksl.com)

3-car crash kills St. George man driving surplus military truck
July 1st, 2011 @ 8:28pm
By Pat Reavy

PAROWAN — An accident on I-15 killed a St. George man who was driving a civilian-owned, 2 ½-ton surplus military truck.

The three-vehicle accident that occurred about 12:30 p.m. at milepost 71, near Parowan, also involved a semitrailer and an SUV van, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.

James D. Ruman, age 50, of St. George died at the scene and three other people were taken to a local hospital for minor injuries.

A UHP accident scene photo shows that Ruman's vehicle flipped completely over, crushing the cab.

The cause of the accident is still not known, but no alcohol or drugs were involved, according to the UHP.
Email:preavy@ksl.com

And the A3 picture (and accident scene photos) from the news release. Please don't speculate about the accident here. We'll get the details soon enough.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

wsucougarx

Oh my goodness, though I didn't know this member my heart is sadened tonight. May God rest his soul and be with his family.
Wow, he just made his recovery thread just days ago. Hard to believe, truely hard to believe...

Last edited:

olewhiskey

This is a terrible news.
PAROWAN -- An accident on Interstate 15 Friday took the life of a St. George man.
The Utah Highway Patrol identified the victim as James D. Ruman, age 50, who died at the scene of the crash.
The accident occurred at approximately 12:30 p.m. near milepost 71 and involved three vehicles traveling in a line going northbound.
According to the UHP a semi trailer ran into the back of a passenger van that, in turn, ran into the 2 1/2 Ton Army surplus vehicle driven by Ruman.
Three other people received minor injuries and were taken to a local hospital. Their names have not been released.
The cause of the accident is unknown, but the UHP says no drugs or alcohol were involved.
The scene of the accident was cleared for traffic at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Updates will be posted here as more information becomes available.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heartbreaking. I'm 50. God Bless you Sir and peace be with your family as the mourn your loss.

islasaero

Man, Thoughts and Prayers! You could see what happened by looking at the semi truck driver side windshield. Now, I'm thinking 2" X 1/8 thick tubing roll gage in/out of cab.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks