• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

3dAngus

Well said my friend. When I first heard of his accident, just days after the occurance, I have been very concerned about these old slow machines rolling down the interstate.

I cannot tell you how saddened I have been to hear of his demise, and we have never met.
The one thing I can say he did for us all, is raise the awareness of safety issues with these old and slow machines.
Please be careful out there, check your lights, and light those old machines up as best you can in the darkness.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Does anyone know how his family is doing?

I'm glad some measure of justice was meted out.

Really miss him. . . .

Last edited:

Z71

As sad as this accident is, it is easy to understand how this happened. Many large semi drivers speed constantly on interstate highways and get very impatient and angry when they have to follow someone going much slower than they are and they cannot pass the vehicle. How many times I have been tailgated in my car by a large semi, knowing well that if I had to brake hard, I would get rear ended immediately, with very bad consequences for me. Here in Florida truckers often stay in the passing lane for miles as if it was a truck lane, and they routinely do 80 MPH all the time. And the highway patrol does nothing to correct the situation. They are too busy pulling over passenger cars and ticketing drivers. I very seldom see a semi pulled over .

mtnman

Does anyone know how his family is doing?

I'm glad some measure of justice was meted out.

Really miss him. . . .
I haven't heard much in a LONG time, last I saw his wife was the day we drove his trucks to the house from storage a few days after the memorial service. I still think about Jamie all the time......

saddamsnightmare

December 25th, 2015,

God rest the gentleman above and my He take care of the man's family. BUT this is another chance to consider adding yellow, black and red reflective "Convoy Ahead" signs to your tailgates when travelling on the interstates or other high speed roadways, and my deuce had its convoy lights reactivated, and at night I did use them set high enough to clear the cargo cover. Generally I have found most drivers will get very, very cautions when they see two rotating yellow flashers on a vehicle, any vehicle, at night. Yellow "Convoy Follows" signs on the front truck is always good too as they make you much more visible day or night.:shock:

Safety First! and Merry Christmas 2015.

mtnman

December 25th, 2015,

God rest the gentleman above and my He take care of the man's family. BUT this is another chance to consider adding yellow, black and red reflective "Convoy Ahead" signs to your tailgates when travelling on the interstates or other high speed roadways, and my deuce had its convoy lights reactivated, and at night I did use them set high enough to clear the cargo cover. Generally I have found most drivers will get very, very cautions when they see two rotating yellow flashers on a vehicle, any vehicle, at night. Yellow "Convoy Follows" signs on the front truck is always good too as they make you much more visible day or night.:shock:

Safety First! and Merry Christmas 2015.
Agreed, please do this! I still think of James often. Miss ya man!

steelandcanvas

Every 6x6 rolling down the Interstate reminds me of him. I try to stay clear of the Interstate since we lost him and encourage others to find alternate routes as well. Be safe my friends!
This past Summer the Club was invited to an airshow in Pueblo. I looked for a route that would keep me off the interstate (I-25) from my place (I-70 in Eastern Colorado) all the way down to Pueblo, about 135 miles. It took a little planning, but the effort was well worth the beautiful drive I enjoyed. Farmland, pastures and small towns greeted me along the way, something I would not have seen on the wicked busy I-25. Take the time and find a safer, more interesting route.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always think of him when I go across the bridge on I10 here in Tonopah that he worked on. That is how I meet him, we talked about MV trucks. RIP

drivebymashing

I mostly avoid highways I drive it as fast as it will go by still find myself getting blown off the road.- Cold warrior I love to read your prayers btw! Keep it up brother!!

Another Ahab

Ive been a member here a while I have not seen how to subscribe to something. If you could show me how that would be appreciated thanks!!
Here's how you:

- At the top of every thread (on the first page of the thread), there is a "toolbar" . It's the paler green area immediately below the title of the thread.

- On that toolbar are (4) drop-down choices, labelled 1) View First Unread 2) Thread Tools 3) Search Thread , and 4) Rate This Thread.

- Select on "Thread Tools" and you'll get a drop-down menu with a few choices, one of which is "Subscribe To This Thread".

- Click on "Subscribe To This Thread", and then I think there is one more step, but you'll be prompted for it; and

- BINGO; you are "Subscribed", meaning that you will now receive automatic notifications anytime a new post is made to that thread. The End.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks