• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
R.I.P. Prayers for ALL involved in this terrible ordeal! Like others have said, not what I was expecting to read about on the 4th July weekend. Yet, this too shows how much of a close-knit community we are here on Steelsoldiers. We are held together by more than MV iron. We share more than repairs and mods. Proud to be a part of such an incredible group of people!
Condolences to the family!
God bless to ALL

Tony and Aly

ryan77

R.I.P what a tragedy i remember reading his recovery post's. Terrible news! Life is short and can end at any second! My prayer's for his family!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
It was just less than a year ago i was in a truck rollover. I had someone there that saved my live the thought just brings tears to my eyes. May he rest in peace ! May we all cherish every day we have!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My condolences to the family and friends. I met him a few times and he seemed like a great guy. We are diminished. RIP

mktopside

Banned
Yup, he was on the second leg of his recovery bringing the truck home from Vegas.

It's shame that even though he did everything right to have a safe and responsible recovery, fate still reared it's ugly head.

Just found out about this, I only spent a few hours with him when we picked up his A3 and took it to the shop. I can't even think of what to write, I can't believe that this happened to such a nice guy. James and my wife talked about their experiences in the SeaBees and we talked a little about trucks and his plans to get his up to UT from AZ, lhe was a really down to earth guy and I looked forward to hearing from him when he got out this way from time to time. And I can't help but think that if I had given some different advice or done something different the day we picked the truck up, he would have left that day instead of this weekend. RIP James

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just found out about this, I only spent a few hours with him when we picked up his A3 and took it to the shop. I can't even think of what to write, I can't believe that this happened to such a nice guy. James and my wife talked about their experiences in the SeaBees and we talked a little about trucks and his plans to get his up to UT from AZ, lhe was a really down to earth guy and I looked forward to hearing from him when he got out this way from time to time. And I can't help but think that if I had given some different advice or done something different the day we picked the truck up, he would have left that day instead of this weekend. RIP James

Man, don't beat yourself up over it, sometimes, bad things happen to good folks, too often it seems. I still can't believe it myself. . .:cry: I was looking forward to meeting him when I got back to Vegas next month. It really hits you in the gut and makes you think about how suddenly things can change in life. . .

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mik:
Let not your heart be troubled.

You are also in our prayers. Your loss, somewhat more personal than for others here, is not unnoticed. I pray that you will be at peace.

For the SS Brotherhood,
John
San Angelo, TX, USA

BTW: The Flag at our home WILL be at half mast for a fallen brother today and tomorrow. Old Glory will rise to the top of her mast again on INDEPENDENCE DAY.

I think it proper and fitting, and possibly how James may have wanted it.

stampy

I am saddened to hear of the passing of a member so tragically. Wish i could have met him. I will pray for his family and the safety of all during this holiday.

BadMastard

He was a kind and generous man. On several occasions he checked over our truck while we waited for the EUC to clear. It was never an imposition, and he was great to talk to about the hobby and life. When I picked up mine, I returned the favor and checked his.

He was cautious and well prepared. I guarantee he was doing the right thing driving. We spoke earlier in the week about what great trucks we had won. We planned on a get together later to shoot the sh*t and compare trucks. I already miss that opportunity and the start of a great friendship. James, you were and are a good man. Peace brother, and safe journeys home.

My heart goes out to his family. Does anyone know if they need anything?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've been trying to find out. . .

Someone logged into his account early this morning, I hope they reach out to SS if they are in need of anything.

scooter01922

Deepest condolences to the family. You never expect to see such things but you can't plan for everything the world can throws at you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks