• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Thanks to The Gimp

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another week, another thank you to my friend Gimpyrobb.

He had an opportunity to exhibit his truck for The Thank You Foundation at Kings Island Amusement Park in Ohio.

I gave him every chance to get out of it but he still stepped up. We had to be there before customers and could not leave until after the park closed 16 hours later.

It rained a little at the beginning even with a slightly hosed up clutch he still managed to park his truck in front of the fountain. He guided me into position and then they made us move. He parked out in front of the park and I was inside (trapped).

Even though they said he could leave anytime he wanted since they don't mind using patrons as speed bumps out the park he stayed the whole 16 hours with my wife, one of our friends and me.

At closing time he found a way out of the park (since security never showed up to let us out) and walked me out and sent me down the road.

I have a few pics of this one and really, they have not been photographically enhanced.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice display. Did you guy have park privleges? I would love to ride the Beast again.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, Yep, everything was free except food and the specialty exhibits.

Only had one problem, left the doors unlocked on the truck. My wife says someone has the pass door open and is looking at something. I walk up behind him (dwarfing him) and ask if I can help him. He says "You got a problem with me looking in the truck?" (With my sweet disposition that'll work.) I just said nicely "Well, it's my truck."

He began apologizing profusely and it turns out he had retired after 27 years in the service.

The trio of baby skunks running across the road was hilarious, I just wish I had seen it.

Gimp rode a lot of the rides and didn't flip a single one over.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like fun. You guys look like you were enjoying yourselves. Gimp can always be counted on when something needs done! Well done Gimp (Vanilla Ice, Gilligan, Or whoever you are this week??)

A

A/C Cages

Kings Island is a blast, I remember the Beast when it was new. Wow im old. lol
My brother used to date a girl named Lori who lived so close that hre backyard you can watch the train go around back there. In fact if you went out the employee entrance , the first driveway about 100 feet on the left was her house. So we used to go to Kings Island ALOT !!!

So there wasnt a lisbility of Gimpy being there and not rolling his truck over on the public?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I can't do all the events that I am asked to do, but when I am available I see it as the least I can do. I didn't serve for my country, but I can serve those that do. Looks like I'm taking the M62 to the parade tomorrow. Clutch work later this week. :)

R Racing

Way to Go Gimpy !! He is 1 heck of a guy !! My hat off to him !! This hobby benifets from people like Gimpy ( Except for that streaking incident,lol :shock:) Oh and I bet he was waiting to roll something over when he got home. Perhaps the young lady with him ??? LMBO rofl:mrgreen:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got GRAMILF?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh and I bet he was waiting to roll something over when he got home. Perhaps the young lady with him ??? LMBO rofl:mrgreen:
Holy crap!! Don't say that, I about spit my root beer all over the keyboard when I read it............

:)

I wanted to do the parade with him this morning but with the chunks coming out of my front tires I thought it would be a good idea to get two from my Brother today.

augiedoggy

Gimp rode a lot of the rides and didn't flip a single one over.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Gimp views kings island rides as "inversion training" for deuce drivers!? :deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks