• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

*old* truck in a yard in central mass

kastein

Edit: just in case anyone finds this thread, this yard has been closed for years now. Owners kids crushed everything and sold it to a solar farm builder.

I am not sure what M-number it is, but it is very old. It's in the back left corner of the junkyard at (I think) 649 Podunk Rd in East Brookfield. Owner of the yard is a great guy, the place is full of awesome old trucks but only the one MV.

It's got both rear axles, believe it is 2.5 ton or lower, definitely older than an M35. Might be an M211? I'm not real good with the old stuff. It had 2 driven axles in the rear, didn't check the front, each driven axle had a separate driveshaft from the rear of the transfer case. In rough shape.

Last edited:

kastein

Sadly my cellphone met a violent end several days ago while I was wrenching so I can't take pics till I find my digicam and go back.

I don't recall what the fenders looked like, but will try and remember for next time assuming I don't have a camera with me. It was not a CCKW (had the M35 style flat vertical dual pane windshield.) Based on the pic of the WC62/63 above and a pic I have of an M211 I am guessing it is an M211, I don't remember it having the spare tire mount in that location.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks