• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help! I'm burning up coils in my M43!!

ez8

You might want to check out a modern electronic replacement.

Here is one thread to start;

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...eplacement-and-electronic-ignition-conversion

I wanted to do that to my Power Wagon and never got around to it.
I can second this. I just did a similar upgrade to my M37 and the truck behaves so much better. Better response, better power, and it just sounds happier. It was an incredibly easy job, too. It took me an hour start to finish and 50 minutes of that was getting the ignitor in and out. Get an MV-161, you won't regret it.

tobyS

Just when I sold the PW, I discovered the modification and wished I had done it.

I'm going to do it to my F600 (4x4 boomtruck) with a 391 that burns through points.
I've been feeding the Ford points and condenser and an occasional coil for 25 years. It's to the point that the only tools I need to get it running is an emery board and straight screwdriver. I put one of the big 6TA's in it and all new 9.00/20NDT's....now have to fix a fitting or hose in the inner boom. Always something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks