• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT Wire Harness

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is one made, but they are like the mythical hens teeth, also known as unobtanium to mere mortals. I have a list of about half a dozen members with MKT's that are looking for them, just so they can run without the inverter. I also know three people that have one, and the least expensive of the three is well over a (Benjamin) Franklin. They are nice to have, but not at that kind of price!

jasonjc

Can you tell me more about this cable? Where does it hook up to the M109 at? Does it just plug into the slave plug?

Papamoose

The cable I am looking for one end plugs into the electrical plug on the back of the M109A3, and the cable runs to the frame. The other end splits into several wires that quick connect into the trailer wire harness. it is a female 12 pin connector.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I have to admit I'm confused. Are we talking about a cable that will run the MKT stoves and such off of a M109 or simply the trailer wiring plug?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What MW is showing is just the trailer wiring harness, made in different lengths for different trailers. ODIRON sells some that are brand new, Memphis and the other larger dealers should have them too. They are common. Intervehicular cables are more what the wreckers carry to hook up light sets in the back of a towed vehicle. They can run 25-30 feet long or more and weigh a ton! They usually come with the light bar sets, but the package is not cheap. MKT Power cables run off the NATO slave cable point, but have a single wire with two conductors, and on the other end, have a connector to hook into the normal MBU power cable. Because these are part of the latest MKT upgrades, very few have come on the surplus market and they are quite scarce, hence, expensive.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MKT Power cables run off the NATO slave cable point, but have a single wire with two conductors, and on the other end, have a connector to hook into the normal MBU power cable.
That's what I was thinking of when he said to "run the MKT" but in a PM it sounded more like he's looking for the power cable to run the actual trailer lights.

The slave port adapters have been turning up ocassionally on eBay. Austin Aviation has had a couple in his on-line store.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks