• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--LIFER--Charles Briggs

91W350

His threads and responses are still a treasure, I never got to meet the man, but I sure enjoyed his company. Maybe one day we can lean on a fender and share our memories. He is welcome to ride along in my cab anytime, we never know for sure what awaits us on the other side. Thanks Lifer for sharing you and yours with us. Glen

Wow im so Sorry to Hear this i wasnt able to meet him but i did ask a few questions and was able to converse a few times what a nice man he was My Condolences and Sympathy To the family From a Fellow SS member He will surely be missed.

stumps

Any chance someone could post a real picture of Lifer? I never met the man, but I think I would rather remember his real visage, than his avatar.

-Chuck

Srjeeper

Penny, this is for you and your mom from someone who considered your father an internet friend...

"He kept at true good humour's mark
The social flow of pleasure's tide:
He never made a brow look dark,
Nor caused a tear, but when he died."
~Thomas Love Peacock

RIP Charlie...

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my deepest sympathy to lifers family. they will be in my prayers as they go thru this troubled times. in HIS hands you will all get the guidance that is needed to ease your pain. he will be remembered always as one of a kind.

onegmjack

Sorry for you loss,even if he is painless now still hard to lose a great man like Charles.My prayer will be with you Penny, your mom and family.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dear Penny and your entire family,
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of your as we share your grief and sense of loss.

Lifer was a true inspiration to the SS Brotherhood in his contributions here and in his steadfast participation and openness during his downward spiral.

We look forward to the day that we will be met at the Pearly Gates by yet another guy in an MV, ready to show us around.

May God bless all of your, our extended family though this hobby.
Amen.

John & Dianna
San Angelo, TX

PS:

SS MEMBERS - Please follow the link below for the SS Benevolence Fund (Cards & Flowers) if you wish to participate

Last edited:

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very sorry to hear about Charles / Lifer. I've never had the opportunity to talk with him but I always enjoyed reading his posts. He will be missed.

My families prayers go out to his wife and family.

Rest in peace brother.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Lifer's real face =)

Many people have asked to see what my father really looked like, so as a result I changed his avatar and posted a picture of him. This photo was taken in May of this year so it is fairly recent. Thank you all for the love and support at this time, it is great to know what kind of effect he had on people all over this great world we live in. If anyone would like to attend his service it will be held in Abingdon Illinois at the American Legion at 12pm followed by his burial at Rock Island National Cemetery at 2:30 pm on Wednesday July 20, 2011. We will also be having a get together on Saturday July 16th, 2011, in Elberton Georgia, starting at 1pm and lasting until ? If you are in the neighborhood and would like to come to either one we would be happy to have you. You can contact us at 706-283-4731. If no answer please leave a message and we will get back to you.

Thank You,
Penny

Attachments

M715VFD405

While I didn't know Lifer long his posts, information and Spirit had a huge impact on not only me but this entire site. I am glad he is in a better place and his pain is finally over I know it cost him a lot to get one here everyday and I know it brought him joy to do so. My thoughts and Prayers are with his family, not only the family he had at home but also the one he had here on SS. He will be greatly missed and was dearly loved. Rest In Peace Brother...........

Jimma

Lifer, was a great guy. Not only was he a friend on Steel Soldiers but he was a patriot and former member of the Air Force that loved his country. He also had such a great amount of knowledge that he loved to share with us all. He will be truly missed. I was one of the few fortunate ones that was able to meet him and visit him at his home. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

dozer1

Back in mid April '11 before Lifer wrote his "Winding Down" thread, I had posted something in one of the tornado threads that Lifer responded to a few posts later. This is what I said.

"I have yet to see a tornado-funnel cloud. Whenever they are likely to form, I am out there with the digital cam. Nice pic. Glad it didn't do any real damage." He wrote "If you see a tornado coming your way, DO NOT grab the digital camera. Get your butt to safety instead! You can photograph the damage later!" :)...OK Lifer, thats smart advice and I will always remember that and heed that advice in the future. R.I.P. and God Bless to his family.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back in mid April '11 before Lifer wrote his "Winding Down" thread, I had posted something in one of the tornado threads that Lifer responded to a few posts later. This is what I said.

"I have yet to see a tornado-funnel cloud. Whenever they are likely to form, I am out there with the digital cam. Nice pic. Glad it didn't do any real damage." He wrote "If you see a tornado coming your way, DO NOT grab the digital camera. Get your butt to safety instead! You can photograph the damage later!" :)...OK Lifer, thats smart advice and I will always remember that and heed that advice in the future. R.I.P. and God Bless to his family.
Charlie/Lifer left his mark in similar ways on many of us here. I will personally miss him very much. (I'll even miss that UGLY avatar of his.) The mark he has left upon this earth is reflected in the growth that each of us experienced through knowing him and hearing his wisdon here.
I look forward to the day that we shall meet in the heavenly reward that awaits me and that he already is a part of.
Look for us, Lifer. Can't wait to ride on the "streets of gold" with you in an MV Convoy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks