• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Me Your Campers!

koolex11

I really want to build one out of a 101. I know that others have requested to see what members have done, but replies have been limited. Maybe I am just missing them or maybe they aren't out there, but I would love to see how people are camping MV style!

twa@ezdn.net

Here are some shots of m101a1. Won a a2 last month and plan to put a hard top on it. I found a plastic dealer who could supply 1/8" pvc (4'x8') I will run some tests on it to see if I could use it for the outer skin.

Attachments

twa@ezdn.net

Thanks, my goal for the A2 is to replicate a S250 shelter, working on the drawings now hope to start construction soon. The FRP panel has the uneven surface on the wx side so it is out for now. Lets see more pics!

rjinga

Hmmm, I'm intrigued now. What size/type of trailer could I pull with a M1009 (2" lift and 33s)? It's not quite as cool as getting (and converting) a M1010, but it would be a heck of a lot cheaper.

koolex11

I would love to see those drawings. Coming up with a durable material that can travel 70 mph without issues is going to be the challenge to me. Also lightweight. Those ounces add up, and then you load it with camping gear! Mine will definitely need windows and a/c, and I have no idea where to put the toilet!

twa@ezdn.net

I go no were fast in my 09. At 50 to 55 mph the 101s pull and stop well. Now if you load it up to or over max gross your resalts may vary. I like my A1 but have bigger ideas for my next project and I wanted the surge brakes of the A2. Tim

twa@ezdn.net

Might start a build thread on my Faux S250 build. I like the sound of Ac but a set of fans and vents will have to work....I plan to keep things tighty on the outside to keep things
MV but inside is all off grid.....Tim

ABN173

I have heard of guys mounting a S-250 COMS shelter on M101 trailers to make campers. S250's might be hard to find on GL these days but they sometimes pop up.

Good Luck,
Dale

ABN173

Might start a build thread on my Faux S250 build. I like the sound of Ac but a set of fans and vents will have to work....I plan to keep things tighty on the outside to keep things
MV but inside is all off grid.....Tim
You beat me to it! Got a link to your build?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also put a camper shell on the M101 series of trucks. Somewhere I have pics of one of mine with a steel shell. Then there is the CBC........
Using an S250 or S318 requires inner fender mods unless you have the A3 bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks