• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Rocker panel no welding install

earnie

Looks good enough for me! Great pics and explaination. Thanks

I have been considering using the same materials to do a similar repair on my 2000 Silverado.

I have found that they make "slip on" panels, that are actually sized to go right on top of the old panel, and be glued on.
sounds good but i believe that you must cut out all the rot b4 continuing as it will rot from behind

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks

I think you could use the slip on type but as stated above I cut out all the rusted metal and used a rust paint (POR 15) over what was left THEN cut the new rockers to go over what was left of the panel.

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
panel bond

Go here it's the cheapest I have seen, and good service! Ask them any question and they will help. Autobody Store: Metal Bonding

I used 3 medum size tubs on each side. If I had to do over I would get the large tubes. You WILL use more than you think.

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Panel Bond

This is good for any NON-Structural section of the body. And with these trucks having a full frame, I would not worry about using it in most anywhere on the body. But I am not a professional...:p

David

QuickSilver

Good info! I need to replace both my rocker panels also, and I have very limited welding skills wo this is really helpful.

mr.travo

I imagine that I would be good for kick panels as well right? My drivers side is pretty bad and the passenger is starting. I am having a hard time finding the panel though. I know you cut the panel to match your cut, not cutting to match the panel. With that being said, do I just use some flat stock? I need to see how it all lines up because the inner rockers are all rusted out as well as the floor pan sides.

Lastly- This is my daily driver. How long does it need to set up before I can prime and paint it? I am just wondering if I can knock this out in a weekend or 3 days. I don't want to be using the LPC's for a week LOL!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks