• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 batteries???

Hoefler

Put the batteries on a battery desulfator-you may be able to bring them back. 40 bucks for a 12 Volt desulfator (Tender). You could use it on other batteries to stretch their life. Money well spent.

WaterPro

Can anyone tell me if I need to know anything special about jumping my A2 with Jumper Cables? There's some instructions on the inside of the Batter Door that I don't really understand. Says .. hook up Neg, Pos, Neg when using cables. Wondering which post I should connect to first - I'm guessing it would be Negative on the Rear Battery and then the Positive on the Forward Battery. Let me know please if this is correct.
*Also - Can I jump it from a running Tractor? Thanks - Appreciate any feedback - Happy Thanksgiving!

oddshot

I just got some group 27 from Walmart for my A3. The group 31 would not fit in the plastic battery box, To long. The group 31's will fit in the metal battery box.
Get as many CCA as you can find.
I know this is an old thread.

Are cheap group 27 or 31's from Walmart still the best idea for an M35a2?

EDIT:

Wow ... is THIS thread in the wrong place.

I was doing a search for batteries and this thread came up.

Could a mod move it over to the proper place?

Thanks

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread.

Are cheap group 27 or 31's from Walmart still the best idea for an M35a2?

EDIT:

Wow ... is THIS thread in the wrong place.

I was doing a search for batteries and this thread came up.

Could a mod move it over to the proper place?

Thanks
They work well for me here in AZ. I friend got some remanufactured ones and they have been working well for him.
I think they were from interstate and about $40 with a 90 day warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

saddamsnightmare

December 11th, 2010.

I was able to obtain Deka 6UT Batteries at Paris Battery in Paris, Texas, and they were exact replacement ordnance batteries to what the truck had originally (which were unobtainium Exides), and the truck is likely still running on them. An ordnance battery that is designed to take the punishment that the truck gets in service would be, in my opinion, the best investment if you depend on the truck starting everytime that you need it to do so.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Take out the military batteries and replace with "normal" batteries.
That makes your fording depth to be now at the top of your new batteries.
It is OK, just remember they get destroyed when under storm water so don't shut her off.

ah64pilot

What it means is hook your negative from your 12V vehicle to the negative of your two batteries. ( NEG of NEG-POS-NEG ). Then hook the POS jumper cable of your 12v vehicle to the POS of the same battery that you have your NEG jumper cable is hooked too.It will be the jumper between the batteries. ( POS-NEG of the NEG-POS-NEG ) This will be the 12 Volts of the total in series 24 Volts. Your Mil will start with just one battery hooked up if the batteries are in any kind of condition.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks