• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1940 VF Dodge Recovery and now Death

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well crap! that sucks, really sorry to hear about the fire. I saw the start and what they are supposed to look like and thought it'd be a better ending...

saddamsnightmare

February 2nd, 2015.

Generally, pole barns, hay and fire do not do well together, and like the National Capitol Trolley museum who stored historic trolleys in a pole barn with no built in sprinkler system, history does get lost in such circumstances. Perhaps, gentlemen, now would be a time to look at your storage sheds and garages with an eye as to what could happen should a fire start there. How prepared are you for handling the fire, how long will the local FD or VFD take to arrive? What can you do NOW to make your building less susceptible to such loses?

I have seen many historic items and buildings lost to fire or snow collapses, where a few dollars spent judiciously in advance could have minimized or even prevented the loses. NOW is the time to think and act, tomorrow may well be too late for your collection.....:sad:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks