• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Site Update News

paradeduty

I whole heartedly agree PB!

If any of us could sit back and give a little thought to what this site has saved us in time and agravation (which in my world is just as good as money) as well as having some enjoyment along the way - I'll bet that it would be very easy to justify even a small contribution to the site in general if not "earmarked" for the "program improvements".

I, for one, have made many connections, located many an elusive part, and recieved untold technical assistance with the help of the fine folks who frequent this site. I can't imagine what a small percentage of this help I would have been able to find without this site.

Please, gang, give it some thought and you might realize just how invaluable this site - in whatever condition - has become to most of us. Being able to reduce the "work" involved in participating in this hobby because of this site and it's connection to all of you allows me all that much more time in what I have available to "enjoy" the hobby. If any site improvements are possible, they may at the very least increase my "play time".

Great Idea PB.

Dave.

3dAngus

This site is the best of them all, with nothing that could possibly compare. I've looked and seen some really bad sites out there, that only wish they had the audence of this one. It's because it is well moderated and managed.

We desperately need the tech manuals back. Any data is good. A lot can be found elsewhere but finding from one source is always going to be a desire.

I'll throw more money in the hat, even though I'm broke, tired, and hungry right now.
It's a great investment. Thanks Chris!

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in, somebody organize it and let us know. I've been spong'n off all the knowlegde here with no good way of paying back, so this is a good way. Thanks for a great idea to help.

I just want to add, I spend alot of money each year on mags. and do learn alittle, but ever try to get your questions answered in minutes. That to me is worth it.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in, somebody organize it and let us know. I've been spong'n off all the knowlegde here with no good way of paying back, so this is a good way. Thanks for a great idea to help.
No organization necessary. Click on the "Donate" tab on the toolbar below Steel Soldiers.

ARYankee

SS said the programs etc he looked at cost around 30K. If you look at the member count on the front page it shows 30,842 members as of 20:28hrs 7/27/11.

I know that many of you have contributed to the site and it would seem that if we all sent in a dollar, we would have a few bucks left over from the 30K number that SS wants to get a better deal on.

In my life I have found that even free stuff cost me money, even if it is just to make the "free stuff" better and to my liking.

SS did not ask for money. This is not a paid site, but I'll throw a couple hundred bucks in the kitty to help Chris and Mike make it better for us all.

Anybody wanna help some good troops make a good site better?
My thoughts exactly!!!!! I'm in!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
No organization necessary. Click on the "Donate" tab on the toolbar below Steel Soldiers.
OK...I tried to back up my donation statement several times. You that know me...know I will...but:

The donation button does not appear on my screen on the main page.
It DOES appear on the screen if I click on ANY thread...but it says Paypal??? I paid by credit card before last year...no likey Paypal (but I forgot why)..but I ain't gonna use Paypal cause if you make me mad you don't exist in my world. (Even if I forget why)

So...how do I donate with a straight CC??

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can pay with a credit card(not paypal). Just follow the procedure, you'll see where you have a choice to pay with a CC. It simply gets processed through PP.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure you can PM Chris and get an address to send a check or other payment method.

SixSpeed

Banned
Thanks for the update. I haven't been on SS much lately, I got a bit sick of the problems/missing areas of the website.

Let us know when the other developer gets back to you, hopefully with something more reasonable. If it sounds like the best way to go, and you come to us with FULL details, and a plan of action, I would be happy to throw $100 to the website.

Thanks!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
This site is the best of them all, with nothing that could possibly compare. I've looked and seen some really bad sites out there, that only wish they had the audence of this one. It's because it is well moderated and managed.
We desperately need the tech manuals back. Any data is good. A lot can be found elsewhere but finding from one source is always going to be a desire.

I'll throw more money in the hat, even though I'm broke, tired, and hungry right now.
It's a great investment. Thanks Chris!
Dam...you outta sell used cars 3dAngus. That sorta says what I meant...but better.

Plus...we are all broke, tired and hungry.
So I wonder what Chris and Mike feel like hosting the site with sporatic support?

30K 0r 20K or 10K is a lot of money for somebody like me, but if everybody kicks in what they can, even that 1 dollar, we can:
:grd:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great new about the site update and the good things in your personal lives. I would also like to say your cudos to the mods only touches the value they add to the site. It is very clear to me that I would not have been able to do the things I have done on my MV's without this site as a reference and the great members I have gotten to meet. That said, I agree with the changes mentioned so far but my number one item is to actually be directed to a target thread when linked instead to a list of past theads. Sure make my site time more enjoyable.

As far as donations, I did not realize the vehicle is in place and I will made use of it but agree with PB that a one time membership based donation would be valuable for the update.

Thanks to all who make this site possible.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, I understand why you've been busy and don't blame you a bit for putting the site on the back burner. What I don't understand is there have been numerous offers to help with the site in one way or another that seem to fall on deaf ears.

I know you can't just find another fill in admin on a whim but looks like some more of the housekeeping could be delegated to some of the other members to take some of the load off the admin. This site has far fewer mods than any other site I've been on of this size (most sites have one or two mods per forum category, classifieds, and such).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
M16ty,
I believe that we have more mods than you think, just not all are so outfront as MR. DH

onegmjack

I'm like Atomic if everyone that likes or loves this site would chuck in $10.00,then that would be well on the way to paying for the needed upgrade or software or what ever it takes.Dwight

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M16ty,
I believe that we have more mods than you think, just not all are so outfront as MR. DH
I'm counting 6.

DH, Kenny, Cranetruck, Stretch, Clinto, Opcom

I may be missing a couple but it's still not enough for a site this size IMO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks