• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Site Update News

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My apologies to Will and maccus.

I thought I was missing a couple but had a brain freeze.

Roadrunner 161

A Members Map/Location tab would be awesome. I would like to be able to see where other local MV folks are.

Differing levels of membership would be good as well. Free to Premium. Free gets you what you paid for....:)

Congratulations on the blessings of a new child come September.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Chris and this next statement might get ME BANNED but what the heck here I go! Have you ever thought about giving us (users) and address that if we felt like sending in a donation we could, I understand it would be nothing required but for certain projects I am sure there people who would donate some money to help for our cause? Post a good address and lets see waht happens, and PLEASE dont BAN me for this, it was brought with only the best intentions in mind Chris!
KK

3dAngus

Could probably start up a post office box for those who need to snail mail in a check or something, and protect his home privacy at the same time.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets get the address posted where we can send the money to and see what happens, and thanks for not BANNING ME! for bringing this up!
KK

HanksDeuce

Chris,

Please contact me about updating the site. I can also help in maintaining the site. I'd hate to see you pay $$$$$$ for something that should only cost $$$.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the update Chris and congratulations on the growing family.

Thanks to the moderators as well, even that New York rascal who deletes my posts...... ;-)

If you had gone with Joomla instead of Drupal I might have been able to help. Back in the old days I used to build websites without a CMS, today, although it is a lot easier it is incredibly time consuming to maintain even one site.

Like Chris said, going to Drupal (CMS) will allow the admins to add new features and even put up news feeds from other sites that send out news. (Not CNN or Fox, something like Defense Industry Daily)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I would pay to have an up graded membership.
I hear you CVN, I just caution away from the "PAY" mentality.
When I "pay" for something, I expect, and even DEMAND services, responces.etc., you get my meaning.

I think Mangus and SteelSoldiers have shied away from a "paid" site for this reason and more.
I guess a "pay for priveledges" type site can work, and may even be a boon for some folks. I just don't know.

I'm sorta anxious to see what may develop in the future but for now, I've just sent my meger donation to help keep things moving and hopefully improving.

Anyway... just a rant from a po ole grunt.

Steaminjim

Dear Chris,

Firstly - CONGRATS on the addition! I can just imagine how happy you are. I am ecstatic and I just found out from my son that I will be a grandfather in Feb. Secondly - I had to make the same declaration two years ago when my mom became ill and I had to drop my participation in the Marine Corps League. I respect you for that. I agree with and ditto papabear. :ditto:

Further - All they guys behind the scene of this website are great. They must be as I rarely have a problem with the site and it always has something interesting or funny or both. Sure something goes down occasionally but **** that is to be expected with a free site that supports so many and provides so much. Yall must be doing a good job as it seems so easy!

I could not have afforded much less enjoyed my Duce had it not been for this site and the crew behind it; not only the staff and moderators but every steel soldier that contributes. And I can't tell you how much I have grown to depend on the reference section. Must have saved $$$ just in manuals LO's and changes.

" What do I need to do to Betty today?" Look it up - Print it out - carry it out to the truck - get it all greasy - messy and sweat stained - then throw it away. I'm not into disposable (heck I do have a Duce) but not having to be careful with a precious manual and being able to take just the right thing out to the work area is great.

And the fellowship at the get-togethers. Priceless!

I for one will be more than happy to donate $10 to get the site updated.
But I think it should only be a one time tariff. Keep the site FREE.

I really get a kick out of describing the site to a potential MV'er - getting him or her worked up about the idea of a MV and how there is a bunch of people out there willing to help and then hit them with the punch line: "And its FREE too"
So I lift my glass in a toast :beer::beer: To a **** fine group of guys and gals And thanks for all the support of the site and the organization!

Best to you and yours,
and
Welcome back

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks