• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

15 minute one item a day preview?

91W350

The last three trips I made to Riley I was told I had 15 minutes to preview my item. Yesterday I was told I am only allowed to preview one item a day. 130 miles a day makes for an expensive preview if I have a dozen or so to look at. It is kind of frustrating. Half of the preview time is burned up getting the gate open and walking back to the truck rows. Anybody else running into this? Glen

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep same thing here, it's the Girl. I had a PU out there yesterday, was out with Robert from 7:50 to 8:30, load took 4 min as long as he can see you he let me look around. He had 2 other come out for loads. It is because folks were moving and taking things off of the DRMO/GL lots. So now one of the gl folks has to be with you at all times. I am pretty sure it is just the 2 of them out there now. And it is a 2 hour drive for me at 75mph.

Last edited:

KsM715

What? Makes me want to call and give them an earfull. We all know how far that will go as far as GL is concerened. There are several different lots of the same item out there now. I'd like to go look over all of them so I can rank them in order of which ones to bid first. Makes me wish I could make 10 different apoints on the same day. Walk all the way out there to look at one lot, walk all the way back, start next appointment and walk all the way back out there and look at the next lot and so on till she realizes how stupid this policy is.

91W350

I sent in an email, they usually respond fairly quickly. No responses yet. Not trying to cause anybody and grief, but this is crazy. They have about 40 M820s coming up. They are rough, it would be nice to know what we are looking at, we are willing to bid more if we can sell parts. That is hard to do solely on GL photos. I Xed out the items, but here is the email I sent in. Not trying to raise a big stink, but it would seem that they would at least try to work with those of us trying to help others as well as buying.

"Help!

The last three previews at Ft Riley I was told I had 15 minutes. Yesterday I was told one item per visit. The new rules make it really tough to preview trucks for out of the area buyers, even for myself. There are XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX coming up, do I really have to make XXXX 130 mile trips to preview them before the sale? I am a Steel Soldier member, so I try to preview trucks and trailers for other members, I also do the bidding for XXXX XXXX here in Salina. It is just frustrating and I hope you will reconsider this preview rule. Thanks, Glen"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they do not have a penalty listed for failure to show up for a preview appointment, call and make one for everyday for next month, 15 minutes from the locations last preview time. Don't show for any of them...

Last edited:

91W350

That is tempting, but I would like to get along with those people. Guess it is a huge world out there and we can turn our time and interests elsewhere. I just do not get it, maybe it is just an employee who does not want to be out in the heat.

91W350

That would almost be worth the price of airfare. I know the days of wandering around free out there are gone, thanks to some less than honest individuals. I can see it also if I made several previews and never bought anything. Between the two accounts, I do quite a bit of business with them. Nothing like the guys that bought those M920s yesterday though. That had to be a huge sale! Without checking, I am betting we have won over 100 lots in the last two months, all trucks and trailers. It is just frustrating, that's all, just as frustrating as Elmo trying to get his way with a porcupine. 8)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Talked to Linda Amos from GL , BTW one of the most helpful GL people ever. I walked up to the GL table and before I could say a word she had spotted Kansas on my name tag and wanted to know if I was having problems about the 15min clause at Ft Riley. She informed me it is the DRMO rule and that the GL zone manager has an appointment this week with DRMO to try and get it fixed. Lois let me know that she checks our board to look for trends and problems that effect sales. She even stayed late that day to let me use here lap top to bid on some items that were closing. I am going out Thursday AM to Riley to pick them up and will check with Robert to see how things went.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know if I have ever dealt with Lois for anything but, I hope I do in the future. She sounds like a great rep for GL. Interesting to hear she values/gathers input from SS.

Tlauden

Well I sure hope everything works out! Last time I was at the gap I poked around that lot for darn near 2 hours.... 15 min is not reasonable to inspect a truck, you can barely crawl under it and look in 15 mins..... Heck I don't know bout you guys but I need AT LEAST 40 mins per truck...

R Racing

I Believe I met Lois at Aberdeen , If it was her she was Great to deal with !! Wondering if its a new trend . I did a pickup at Mechanicsburg PA 2 weeks ago and shuffled in and out in 5 min and wanted to preview another truck while I was there, but got the feeling I wasn't welcome there when my request went ignored. So I guess unless its a must item I'm sticking to Fort Meade. Those guys are awesome !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks