• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nhc250 valve injector overhead adjusting

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right around 30 mins w/o brakes and 40 with., again, unless it was a CO.
everything does go quicker when it's not your first rodeo .. I spent a good part of the morning reading and re-reading, and re-reading again from a number of sources including yours and the TM in order to make sure what I had to do sunk in and made sense, and a few you-tube videos as well to be sure .. Took another hour to go borrow a high-end old-school inch-pound dial-type torque wrench that had been recently recalibrated, and a couple hours to do the task .. While I had to do #6, I pulled and checked #5 screen for debris as well, and then decided to do the entire overhead while right there. . I am glad I did since discovering the incorrect torque on #6 and #5.. I kept double-checking my work, re-checked the torque in sequence a 2nd time around, and when done , barred the engine 2 full revolutions to make sure the injector plungers weren't gonna bottom out hard and bend pushrods. I admit I was nervous when I turned the starter switch (fuel valve off) for a few revs, and then again with fuel on .. I was very pleased with the noise that erupted from the stack ;) .. An unexpected plus is the truck now responds much better to pedal and pulls one particular hill steady in OD, where previously it bogged down and had to be dropped into 4th (this was even before the injector began to miss)

Last edited:

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool. Nothing was meant as a dig to anyone.
Did not take it as a dig whatsoever ! ;) ... I expect someone who has successfully done something 50 times to be able to do the task in short order .. my post was an open admission that it was my 1st cummins overhead rodeo and to state the details of the overly-cautious path i took to do it , in order to encourage others to take their time and not be ashamed of that.. In retrospect perhaps "over-thinked" the whole thing:LOL: , as I learned the task really wasn't too bad to do at all .. But time is something i have little of and as previous generations used to say, " much better to take the time to do it right, than to waste time by doing it all over again". .. Or busting something, or missing something, etc etc .. we have all been there, done that .. another admission;)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks