• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaver Brooks Amphibious DUKW Trailer Restoration

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any update on this? This is a rare bird, be pretty neat to see it fully restored and floating behind a DUKW...

saddamsnightmare

November 16th, 2012.

RDUKW:

Any chance I can get a copy of that drawing of yours in PDF or JPEG for my files? Not that I'll ever own a DUKW, but I find the drawing very inmteresting for future reference. The concept of an amphibious trailer is intrequing.

Thanks Again!

Good luck on the restoration!

painter paul

i just found the most amazing trailer! Its a WTCT amphibious for behind a DUKW. It is a late one, 3-18-45, and the SN is 457---. Maybe the 457th one made? Very nice shape and floor doesnt look rusted out. Tires are rotted, one sides wood strips are gone and sitting in the weeds,trees. Tell me what I need to know!!! Thanks, Paul

jets1959

i just found the most amazing trailer! Its a WTCT amphibious for behind a DUKW. It is a late one, 3-18-45, and the SN is 457---. Maybe the 457th one made? Very nice shape and floor doesnt look rusted out. Tires are rotted, one sides wood strips are gone and sitting in the weeds,trees. Tell me what I need to know!!! Thanks, Paul
nopics

wbradwilson

Do you have any recent photos? I just acquired one of these trailers and am looking for pictures, parts, templates and anything else that can help in my restoration. Thanks!

Brad

RDUKW

Do you have any recent photos? I just acquired one of these trailers and am looking for pictures, parts, templates and anything else that can help in my restoration. Thanks!

Brad
All the pictures here are the same as it looks now. I just have had no time to work on it. I'm actually starting to consider selling it, but I'm sure I'll regret it if I do. What condition is yours in? The one problem with these is everything will have to be built from scratch as there is no parts around that I have found. I got lucky and purchased a few drawings off of a guy a year ago but that is all I have found.

JH1

A friend of mine bought a DUKW trailer last month near Seattle. Very poor condition, but interestingly, it has single tires, not dualies, AND it has a tailgate with steps on it. Looks original, not a hack. Also, there is a large area above the tires with nothing there. Someone added a couple of water tanks in there, but it's obviously a civilian afterthough. Added a RV top, too. That's coming off. It looks kind of similar to the dukw trailer pictures, but not quite. I suspect it is one of the 3 original prototypes before they adopted the standardized one. The rear is professionally done and has complex curves and sealing surfaces. Pix to follow shortly.
JH1

RDUKW

A friend of mine bought a DUKW trailer last month near Seattle. Very poor condition, but interestingly, it has single tires, not dualies, AND it has a tailgate with steps on it. Looks original, not a hack. Also, there is a large area above the tires with nothing there. Someone added a couple of water tanks in there, but it's obviously a civilian afterthough. Added a RV top, too. That's coming off. It looks kind of similar to the dukw trailer pictures, but not quite. I suspect it is one of the 3 original prototypes before they adopted the standardized one. The rear is professionally done and has complex curves and sealing surfaces. Pix to follow shortly.
JH1

That sounds like someones modification. Do you have any pictures?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks