• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior selected as new Chaplain

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Everyone,

Manstein has elected to step down from his position as SS Chaplain. He served us well over the last 18 months, but now he must resign because of his extensive work-related travel and lack of free time. Thank you sir for your commitment and service.

Thankfully, John aka USAFSS-ColdWarrior has stepped up to become our new Chaplain. Many of you you who frequent the Chaplain's Corner are no doubt already familiar with his dedication to the Lord. Thank you John for volunteering to serve our humble site.

Please join me in welcoming John and bidding adieu to Manstein.

Best,
Chris

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for your service to Him Manstein. John, welcome....Chaplain. Thanks for stepping to do the Lords work here on Steel Soldiers.

jluv1185

Thank you Manstein you did a great job. God bless you. I welcome John with open arms. I have read alot of posts by him, and he seems to be a great choice for the job. :beer:

Cold what? How do we know we can trust this guy?

Seriously thanks for steppin' up John.

Mic 4:1 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days That the mountain of the LORD's house Shall be established on the top of the mountains, And shall be exalted above the hills; And peoples shall flow to it.

RealCavDog

You mean you were not the guy before ? ! Well then , this assignment really comes as no surprise to me , I just thought we had few Chaplains on active duty , a bit like the moderators !

Welcome to the position officialy , and truly appreciate what you have already done , and are sure to add in the future .

Our LORD needs all the help we all can give and muster from others !

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Kudos to the outgoing Sky Pilot......thank you for your service to our site.

I can think of no better person to step into this job.

Selfless service is a leadership trait that few have.

Thank you John for being the leader of our flock.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK... you guys know I'm about as smart as a hammer but honestly, I thought John had been our Chaplain for several months??

Anyhoo...thanks for your service manstein and welcome John.:beer:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris,

You already know that it is I who am most humbled into this, the Lord's service. I accept the responsibilities with all the glory and honor going to God Almighty. I am but a servant of His.

Brother Manstein,

Thank you for your service to our Lord and for your oversight of this, His flock. You are welcome to fill this "pulpit" anytime the Holy Spirit leads you to. As you know, once you sign on with God, there is no retirement from ministering to His children. May God bless you in all ways, always.

To this SteelSoldiers "congregation":

I count all of you as my brothers and sisters - a super-extension of my own family.

For some time now, with the blessing of both Chris and Manstein, my posts have been rather visible in the Chaplains Corner. We are blessed that this website, as patterned after actual military organizations, has a place reserved for ministry and counsel for the troops. Being aware of Manstein's distractions, yet fully respecting his chaplancy, I have simply been pinch-hitting as I have felt called to do.

It's somewhat like a flock of migrating geese... Manstein has had the point for a while, and it's now time for him (at his request) to take a somewhat easier flight position for the time being. I've simply moved into the point slot to break the still air for those who choose to follow in the formation (aka: flock). All of you - the rest of the gaggle - have a job too... Y'all just keep "honking" encouragement so that our V-formation will make it to our destination without losing a soul.

I should note here that my own faith is based upon Christianity. Yet, as in a typical military Chaplancy, I am committed, regardless of your faith basis, to provide the best counsel or referral to qualified clergymen, church leaders or rabbis as is necessary to meet the needs of any and all SteelSoldiers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime - in open forum or via PM for privacy - whenever you feel the need.

I covet your countinued prayers for this appointment. I also encourage you to keep this website, its leadership, and all SteelSoldiers in your prayers.

Thank you.

In His service,
John
San Angelo, TX

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm feeling somewhat "sheepish" and at a loss for words over some of the compliments shared in this thread. Thank you ALL for your kind words to the ministry team of the SteelSoldiers.

:lol: There is ONE comment though that I feel compelled to directly address....

Cold what? How do we know we can trust this guy?

Seriously thanks for steppin' up John.

Mic 4:1 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days That the mountain of the LORD's house Shall be established on the top of the mountains, And shall be exalted above the hills; And peoples shall flow to it.

I had chosen the username USAFSS-ColdWarrior when I first signed up here. At that time, I never imagined that the Lord's direction would bring us to this juncture.

I chose the name as a memento of my military service.

I am still a WARRIOR - now more of a Christian Soldier - though in my "prior life" I was a military intell analyst. Yes, I was once a "spook". Let's remember that Joshua and Caleb in the Bible were also SPIES, sent out to scout the Promised Land.

(I'll do a sermon on them - that's a great story.)

So, <hehehe> if you don't think you can "trust this guy".... Well... You'll just have to have a little faith. I'll do my best to earn that trust with all of you who don't yet know me.

I appreciate your humor - that name thing had been a "contradiction" that I was already pondering.

Thank you for your sincere appreciation. You're already "honking" :jumpin::driver:

Thanks for your service to our Lord and the members on this site Manstein. Welcome USAFSS-ColdWarrior!!! Thank you John for filling this important part of SteelSoldiers! I know you'll do a great job for our Lord and the members of this remarkable site and those interested in MV 's and all that goes with it. elkhunter "God Bless America" !

Last edited:

tnttnt187

Dear John, Congratulations on your new position as the S.S. chaplain. Your continued efforts to act as a conduit to God are appreciated. Good luck and may God bless you. P.S. we will be holding all your future posts to a "HIGHER" standard .:) Tom

"Higher Standard" !!

Dear John, Congratulations on your new position as the S.S. chaplain. Your continued efforts to act as a conduit to God are appreciated. Good luck and may God bless you. P.S. we will be holding all your future posts to a "HIGHER" standard .:) Tom
Welll said Tom! I'm sure that USAFSS-ColdWarrior will do a very good job in his new position!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Manstein, Thank you very much for your contributions to this site. It has made a difference in many peoples situations/lives.

USAF. Thanks for stepping in where it's needed. Your new position on this site is an honorable task. God Bless ya.

PB, that explains why you have Estwing tattooed on your bicep(I thought that was your Mom's name...):oops:

Srjeeper

It's somewhat like a flock of migrating geese... Manstein has had the point for a while, and it's now time for him (at his request) to take a somewhat easier flight position for the time being. I've simply moved into the point slot to break the still air for those who choose to follow in the formation (aka: flock). All of you - the rest of the gaggle - have a job too... Y'all just keep "honking" encouragement so that our V-formation will make it to our destination without losing a soul.

In His service,
John
San Angelo, TX

Sounds like we're flocked now...rofl [thumbzup]

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chaplain is a honorable post, I am sure that you will carry that honor forward. May God bless and guide you on your mission. "Thy will, not mine, be done, now and forever!"
Thank you Manstein!
John, God be with you!

God bless,
Tony =)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks