• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

URGENT MIGRATION recall from GOVT

466Navastar

yeah Maddawg....Ive always thought that too about the trucks......One would think that DRMO would know exactly how many hrs and miles are on things and be required under federal law that governs vehicle sales to disclose proper miles or sell TMU

no military vehicle information should be unknown - doesnt the military keep a equipt file record of each vehicle?....does anyone --here - with military service in this area know?

if an equipment file ever came with the vehicles - that would be invaluable.

Chief_919

yeah Maddawg....Ive always thought that too about the trucks......One would think that DRMO would know exactly how many hrs and miles are on things and be required under federal law that governs vehicle sales to disclose proper miles or sell TMU

no military vehicle information should be unknown - doesnt the military keep a equipt file record of each vehicle?....does anyone --here - with military service in this area know?

At least for the Army, there realy is not a reliable tracking of hours or miles. The unit will track usage via SAMS-E, but when a meter or odometer is replaced they will just start going with the new reading.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told by a government official i personally know " the government can confiscate any piece of equipment in certain circumstances even if the title has changed and you legally own it." especially if the nomenclature plate says property of the us government.

Last edited:

mhassett

I bought 50 pairs of rubber pants, and GL wanted them back also.
I wrote and told them I no lomger had them
MHassett

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We talk a lot of wanting the government to be fiscally responsible.... this is an example of them trying to do so. Their right hand is buying HMMWV trailers, and their left is busy selling them. It looks like for once their right hand figured out what their left hand was doing.

-Chuck
Oh Great ! ! !

So what you're saying is that some politicians will now have BOTH HANDS in the COOKIE JAR, huh?

Stumps, I think I could have gone just fine throught the rest of my life without imagining that.:deadhorse:

paulfarber

I was told by a government official i personally know " the government can confiscate any piece of equipment in certain circumstances even if the title has changed and you legally own it." especially if the nomenclature plate says property of the us government.
And that is the problem with government. Unless you signed a document like an EUC, and the sale was legal, your friend has delusions of government power.

gunboy1656

especially if the nomenclature plate says property of the us government.

Guess we need to have Dave Kelone make up new plates for all our trucks and omit that phrase.

I am just glad I don't collect the newer stuff that stands a chance they want collected. Yes I know they can come after what I have but I doubt it will happen.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a shame. We had one of those new trailers come out to the farm for a client and he picked it up with a four door Hummer H1 already wired and ready to go for that trailer.

Trailer looked brandy new.

Wish I had two.

:)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Nope. The Army doesn't. It's completely hit and miss.
Hmmm..
I have often wondered what sort of informational-fish you might catch if you baited your hook with an Official Request for Information about an MV (with CARNAC Type Info) and submitted it in WRITING under the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT.

Has anyone tried that?

:shock:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that would be a waste of time. Mil vehicles are more like industrial equipment than a 4dr sedan on the used car lot. When parts fail includiing the hour meter and odometer it is simply replaced. I put little to no faith in ether guage when condering a purchase.

Chief_919

Hmmm..
I have often wondered what sort of informational-fish you might catch if you baited your hook with an Official Request for Information about an MV (with CARNAC Type Info) and submitted it in WRITING under the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT.

Has anyone tried that?

:shock:
You would get the exact same data CARNAC and I see when we look for you.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would get the exact same data CARNAC and I see when we look for you.
Thank you, Chief!

I sorta figured that.

If the request were for more specific information, such as a complete history of assignments and transfers, maintenance records, possibly even assigned crewmembers - Do you think that might also be available through other "exisiting records"?

(The Freedom of Information Act (FOI) does NOT require that non-preexisting data be produced or genereated to satisfy a FOI Request - ONLY exisiting documents or tabulated data.)

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My attorney made me up a ink stamp which reads:

"Explicit Reservation of all Rights Without Prejudice, UCC 1-308"

I have this stamp on all my legal papers and stamped on all titles and the like.

The UCC code is federal and if you do not claim it the government can basically do what they want to.

Thats my 2 cents.

NOW WATCH: Our new Chaplin USAFSS-ColdWarrior will do his normal research and come back astounded, and agree with my lawyer.
You see God works in mysterious ways.

Last edited:

ryan77

You can usually tell if the hour gauge has been replaced or the odometer just by a little investigating!!! Selling a gen or whatever that cost 40 grand for $1000 bucks with 8 hrs on it seems like a waste to me! But then i wouldnt get to buy these goodies!! Im a suporter of the government most of the time but some of the waste scares me!!!!

rickf

About a year ago they sold hundreds of NEW still in the original crate, 3K generators. I bid on quite a few but they went higher than I was willing to pay for a 3K.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks