• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1992 D7H Cat Dozer inspection needed at Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow CA.

Keaton C. Bracken

I am looking for someone to give me an inspection on a 92 D7H at the Marine Corps Logitics Base in Barstow CA. The auction starts on the 8th and ends on the 10th. the machine starts and moves but the blade and ripper are chained up. Not sure why. Just wanting to find out if there is something major wrong. I am in Kansas with a baby on the way and the wife says I cant leave so if someone can help me I would be willing to work out somekind if payment for your help. I can be reached at (620)433-7668 or Email me at brackensoilservices@gmail.com

Thanks Keaton

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are not supposed to talk about upcoming auctions.

With that being said, I would suspect it could have a major hyd problem. There is no way I'd ever buy a dozer from GL without inspecting it myself or have the local CAT dealer do it (unless I could get it less than scrap price). There's just too much that could be wrong that could cost twice as much as it would be worth. You can sink 10s of thousands of dollars into major components on these old dozers.

According to the bid history I have that D7 sold for 75,000 plus 10% buyers prem. and 10% tax.
I know a guy with a nice mid 70's d-8, last I heard he was willing to take 20,000. Thats 70,000 less than a push pull or tug out of GL. You have to have a lot of folks calling to make up that kind of money, I don't know about anybody else but me, I'd spend a lot less money over spending a lot of money any day.

papercu

I just can not make myself believe that someone would spend that kind of money foolishly.
My vote says they know something we don't.
According to search that price is not far off for a 1992 model. At least for a asking price.
Older models are much cheaper. Wayne

NEIOWA

Wouldn't take anything coming from the USMC. They define "rode hard and put up wet".

" Maintenance? We don't need no stinking maintenance. It breaks we walk. "

Odds are VERY LOW hours compared to your $20k civlian model then it's condition condition condition.

dittle

Odds are VERY LOW hours compared to your $20k civlian model then it's condition condition condition.
What would be the major differences between the D7 coming from the Marines and a civi one? Color but other than that nothing looks special on that dozer. Color isn't worth that kind of money.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get the local Cat dealer to go out and give you a inspection (I've done it). It's not cheap but they give a very thorough inspection and if they say what condition it's in they are dead on. Well worth the money if you're thinking about sinking big bucks on a dozer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks