• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pedestal Mount Searchlight

1943ht

Came across a searchligt for a 3/4 ton .. probably mounted on the M201 ..does anyone have a pic of the pedestal that bolts to the drivers side fender for this light? Would like to fab a mount for the light. Any assistance would be appreciated!!!!!

Bill W

Here we go
This is a repro one I bought years ago from Mid west Mil. Its funny I was just talking to my son yesterday about missed deals that I passed in life and one was a original M-201 spotlight mount that I had in my hand but I passed on it as I thought $100 was to much aua
On edit some pictures shown others came up as links only ???

Attachments

Last edited:

1943ht

Bill, Thank You!!!! any chances of some close-ups of the mount and dimensions? Talked to John at the MVPA Convention last week and he stated that he no longer has the pattern for his replica as the gent that made them passed and he was unable to recover the pattern. Believe that this would be a good piece to fabricate but I need some dimensions and pics .. can you assist?

Bill W

i did a surch and found this one.
Yep thats it
I sent specs to another member who than made that diagram up on a cad ??
I think the bend angle for the tube is backward, I have the correct one here somewhere, I'll post it if I find it

1943ht

OUTSTANDING!!! Thank you for the CAD drawing!! You all rock .. Bill, would it be possible to get a close up PIC of the bracket and its attachment point on the mirror? I can FAB from CAD print ... This is most excellent!

Bill W

OUTSTANDING!!! Thank you for the CAD drawing!! You all rock .. Bill, would it be possible to get a close up PIC of the bracket and its attachment point on the mirror? I can FAB from CAD print ... This is most excellent!
There is a close up in the link of my previous post (#5) and thats all I can offer being my 37 is long gone....sniff :sad:

pwrwagonfire

i took the cad drawing to the local welder/fabricator. we'll see what he comes up with.

Any updates on how this ended up working out? I have downloaded the CAD drawing, and I procured a spotlight...I was going to go to a local welder and see what he said/get a quote soonish. I'd like to be able to show him some high resolution pictures if you got one made...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks