• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello All!

Motomech

Hello My mane is Josh! While doing Google search for a "Military Suburban" I came across A very fine example of one!

Rickyoday Was the owners screen name.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/21049-m1007-suburban-cucv-conversion.html

Ever since I found this Suburban I have been on a quest to make my Suburban Look As good as this one.

I have a very supporting wife and 2 kids So I am On a tight budget And rattle can paint Is in my budget.

The Suburban is a 1989 V2500 with a 350 and a T400 behind it Currently is has 37'' Bfg KM2's on H-1 Wheels and a 6'' lift. The interior Is mostly stripped of anything that is not completely necessary for operation of the vehicle.I have a small assortment of vehicular military surplus parts I wish to add to it after the paint.
I am only able to purchase a few cans of paint at a time.

Any way, I never had the Guts to join the Military. I grew up next door to a Vietnam vet And enjoyed hours of Stories from his service to our great country.
I have a huge amount of respect for our Military both present and past.
I often wonder if building a Suburban to look like something that was never used by the Government Would offend a service member especially if I was never a member myself?

Love this fourm and I hope to learn alot!

Motomech

Yeah the tire carrier was pretty cool to look at! But in reality It was junk, All the welds were cracking when it was loaded with 2 Jerry cans a 37'' spare and a hi-lift jack. I think it was from a company called Blazen offroad. Very difficult to get into the barn doors you had to remove two pins and gently lower the assembly down to the ground and then lift it back up again!

The second smaller bumper I made myself it was pretty much my first large scale welding project It turned out OK but it is a little warped from the heat I guess I welded it to fast and did not let it cool down between welds or something like that. The D-rings are tied with 1/2 inch strap then bolted to the frame They don't move at all!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks