• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce wheels on an M105a3 trailer

Darwin T

does anyone know if the bolt pattern of the 20" 6 bolt duece rimes and the M105a3 22" 6 bolt rims are the same. i am going to put 11.00x20's on my deuce and would like to have the same tires on my trailer. i know that i will probably have to run the trailer tires reversed with the hubs like the outside of the duals, to clear the wheel wells.

Darwin T

the problem with the M105a3's is the bed is wider than the M105a2's. it's not the height. the M105a3 uses the same tpye axles but they have a spacer on the end of the axles then these 22" rims, and a crappy little front landing gear. the new rims are inset instead of concaved.

why they changed it can only be to charge the goberment more money. :tin hat:

Attachments

Nonotagain

The bolt pattern is the same, just that the M105A3 wheels are hub centric, meaning that the wheel is centered on the hub and not lug centric, meaning centered by the lug nuts.

You may not have to swap the wheel M35/A2 wheel to get it to clearance. The tires will be close to the bed support rails, but probably will just clear.

Also, the M105A3 uses a different axle than the M105A2.

The A2 axle is part # A1-32165981 and the A3 is 1066100.

They are not the same axles.

merlot566jka

Wait a min, so there are 22" rims that my fit the deuce with a hubcentric ring?? I think that opens up some options for tires on the deuce if thats true....

sorry, dont mean to hyjack your thread.

Nonotagain

Wait a min, so there are 22" rims that my fit the deuce with a hubcentric ring?? I think that opens up some options for tires on the deuce if thats true....

sorry, dont mean to hyjack your thread.
The tires aren't 22", they are 22.5" tires, tubeless radials.

The problem is that the wheels are only 7" wide or so. If looking for a wide tire option, this probably isn't the wheel for you. Also, you can't run them tandem unless you make a set of spacers.

Darwin T

the first picture is of the axle end of the M105a3, it looks like they just added a spacer to make the tires fit the wider bed.

the second picture is the 22.5" rims and tires on a M105a3, showing the rims are inset unlike the M105a2 (deuce tires).

the third picture is of the tiny space between the back of the tire and the inside of the wheel well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Darwin T

The bolt pattern is the same, just that the M105A3 wheels are hub centric, meaning that the wheel is centered on the hub and not lug centric, meaning centered by the lug nuts.

You may not have to swap the wheel M35/A2 wheel to get it to clearance. The tires will be close to the bed support rails, but probably will just clear.

Also, the M105A3 uses a different axle than the M105A2.

The A2 axle is part # A1-32165981 and the A3 is 1066100.

They are not the same axles.

will the a2 tires center on the hubs?

scranch18121

the problem with the M105a3's is the bed is wider than the M105a2's. it's not the height. the M105a3 uses the same tpye axles but they have a spacer on the end of the axles then these 22" rims, and a crappy little front landing gear. the new rims are inset instead of concaved.

why they changed it can only be to charge the goberment more money. :tin hat:
How did you get that trailer to do that...... ????
It has no rear leg down, no front landing gear attached, and not hooked up to anything.... but it is perfectly balanced and sitting there without support. great job.

Nonotagain

How did you get that trailer to do that...... ????
It has no rear leg down, no front landing gear attached, and not hooked up to anything.... but it is perfectly balanced and sitting there without support. great job.
Take a look again. There is a hitch ball in the middle of the lunette.
I suspect that it's attached to a fork truck.

Darwin T

i would like to say it's MAGIC or I am just that good, but yes it is a fork lift. this was taken while i had the landing gear off, torching it and hitting it like i was on steriods.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i would like to say it's MAGIC or I am just that good, but yes it is a fork lift. this was taken while i had the landing gear off, torching it and hitting it like i was on steriods.

OMG - Now the cat's outta the bag!!!

The whole world now knows that we are addicted to these MVs not in our natural state, but through the benefit of "GREEN IRON ENHANCING DRUGS"... what will they think of us all now????

This might be the advent of the SHTF Event... Ladies and Gentlemen:
PREPARE TO BUG OUT ! ! !

Darwin T

ok i have a landing gear coming soon so now back to the tire question. does anyone know the inset on the back side of a M35a3 super single tire? i don't think the regular deuce tires will look right inverted. i have not measured the inset on the M105a3 yet. hopefully tonight when i get home from work. has anyone put a different wheel on an M105a3 since i first asked?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks