Thread: Kinda new

Thanks

Default Kinda new

Well I've been reading on here for quite a while now, but haven't had much to say myself.

Just picked up my first M35A2. Great condition and a beauty to drive. I also have a couple M101's that I store coal in for my burner during winter. Makes a great coal bin that I can take to get filled up and just back to the basement door. Less shoveling the better!

Now that I have my M35, I'll be looking for some parts and such. Thinking I'm going with the M105 bob and 395's. Hopefully someone in my area can help me find parts for a reasonable price. Shipping sucks. And these parts are heavy!

I also have some stuff I'd like to offer up for trade but I see that the forum isn't all that friendy for newbies until I make a bunch of posts (and at my rate it will take about 10 years !!)

I'm also into Jeeps and rock crawling, have an old Nova muscle car, and about 15 antique tractors that take up some of my play time!

Been about 6 years of looking for the right truck when I had funds to blow, so finally got myself into the MV hobby.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Very interesting collection so far. Deuce don't look bad at all.
    Scott M.

1972 Am Gen M35a2, from the 558 Signal Company http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/3...ack-truck.html
    1968 M105a2, from the 558 Signal Company (camo in color)
    1966 M274a4 mule http://www.steelsoldiers.com/m274-me...-got-mule.html

1968 M105a2, from the 558 Signal Company (OD in color) Sold
    1956 GMC M220, currently disguised as an M211 Sold

MVPA life member

Possum Connoisseur wreckerman893's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,030 Times in 4,719 Posts

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.

Muscle cars, rock crawlers, old tractors and now Military Vehicles.

You are sooooooooo screwed.
    And the Dark Man said to him, "I will set you high in my artillery. You are the man I want." Then he saw an army of ten thousand driving across the desert and into the mountains, a rough beast of an army whose time had come at last. And riding in a giant tanker, he saw himself, and knew that the truck was filled with Napalm. Behind him, in a long column, were trucks loaded with bombs, mines, plastic explosive, flame throwers, flares, heat seeking missiles, grenades, machine guns and rocket launchers. The dance of death was about to begin, and already the strings of the fiddles and guitars were smoking and the stench of brimstone and cordite filled the air.

Exclusive Media Agent for the prestigious firm of Smingleberry, Smingleberry and Smingleberry.

Thanks

Yes I have expensive hobbies! One at a time slow and steady!

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuce Doctor. Steel Soldiers Vendor clinto's Avatar
    MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,633 Times in 2,280 Posts

Yes, welcome to the hobby.

Neat toys. It's cool to see musclecars at road racing/autocross type events.

There are a lot of members in PA. You should have no problem finding others who will make your sickness even worse.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Click here for the Deuce Doctor-MV Servicing and Sales

Click here for the Official 2018 Georgia Rally info thread!

Having a problem searching or finding something on the site? Click here for help!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    MVPA #21731
    1968 Baifield M274A5 Mule
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 w/w w/dump conversion
    1987 AM General USAF M35A2C w/w
    1987 Turtle Mountain M105A2

dumpsterlandingfromorbit! gimpyrobb's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,903 Times in 4,638 Posts

The 101 trailers are really handy. What kind of parts might you be on the look out for?
    Don't worry about the size difference

Thanks

Anything to improve my deuce.

Planning a bob job in the next year, so I'm gonna start collecting parts now. Springs, 105 trailer, 395 tires or maybe even bigger, rims, winch. Those are the standard things. But I am always up for something different if the price is right (Thus why I have a deuce now!)

Even whole trucks or parts trucks. I think I got my dad hooked now too so he wants to get one and keep it stock.

PM me if you have anything I might want, Keep in mind with all my hobbies I'm usually broke and looking for the right deal .
    Thanks!