• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Big O

mr.oshkosh

The HEMTT is one awesome truck and has become the work horse for all the military branches that use Oshkosh's. Oshkosh years ago used the slogan "Goes Anywhere the wheels touch the ground" Still very ture today!
Thanks for the posting!

Bighurt

We have a Pair of WT-2206's left at Minot AFB, I'm waiting to roll to auction...probably never happen.

I also know someone in NM with a 49' with a blower for sale, not a 2206 though.

mr.oshkosh

Thank you for the reply and I will try my best. I will admit that there is very knowledgeable individuals on this site. You can learn more about me by doing a google search for Tim Wright and Oshkosh Truck.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the reply and I will try my best. I will admit that there is very knowledgeable individuals on this site. You can learn more about me by doing a google search for Tim Wright and Oshkosh Truck.
Here's the link for everyone's convenience....

Tim Wright's Oshkosh Memorabilia - walter linn oshkosh fwd

Tim,
You might consider creating a Signature on your User CP (control panel) (there's a button in the bar near the top of the page here) and once you do, copy that link into it. That way, every post you put up will carry the link. 2cents

Great info!!!
Thanks

NEIOWA

I talked to Clarence in approx 1991. Really a sharp and interesting helpful fellow. At the time I was the engineering mgr for a plastic model kit mfg. Was recently off active duty and trying to sell marketing on doing kits of M911 and HEMTT. Got nowhere. A women VP marketing couldn't get with the concept.

mr.oshkosh

Clarence is the best. He turns 92 next moth. I will be in oshkosh in two weeks as a surprise visit to see him. At 92 he is still sharp as a tack. I am so very blessed to have him in my life. To sad on the model, some people do not have a clue. I am talking with a few people trying to talk them into making some old snow models. I think they would sale?

mr.oshkosh

Thank you for the welcomes, I agree about knowing the history. Oshkosh has a very long history of buidling very solid trucks. Hard to believe come 2017 Oshkosh will have been around 100 years!

paradeduty

Hi Tim!

Don't know how I missed this thread - very cool!

I love the Oshkosh Military Trucks and have been lucky enough to have rounded up a number of them for our "collection".

So far (and I think the barn is pretty much topped out now) we have an MK48/14 LVS, an M985 HEMTT Cargo w/ M989A1 HEMAT Trailer, an M1070 HET Tractor (looking to pick up an appropriate trailer some day), an M1074 PLS Cargo w/ M1076 PLS Trailer, and (although not an Oshkosh) the one 5-ton HMTT (High Mobility Tactical Truck) that was built allong with the XM977's as prototypes for the production HEMTT's.

Thanks for your work in preserving this history.

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks