• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Ga Rally Florida Convoy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We bypass the scales and ag inspection at the line. We are not commercial trucks so we don't stop. Are you going to join us?
I am going to do my best, my truck is still in Kansas, they maybe done the end of this week. Trucks do not have to be commcercial only, i have seen DOT and troopers run down enclosed trucks and trailers to ask ( and be inspected)why they did not stop at the scale house.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In all my trucking years, I have never seen them pull over a military vehicle. I never pull through them while driving my green stuff. Of course, most my vehicles retain "the look". If they saw a red camo or something strange, it might raise an eyebrow..

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In all my trucking years, I have never seen them pull over a military vehicle. I never pull through them while driving my green stuff. Of course, most my vehicles retain "the look". If they saw a red camo or something strange, it might raise an eyebrow..
I love driving by every scale when i can, but when in the F650 with dot # on the side and the log book on the seat and a load on the trailer i have no choose.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Studying the maps it looks like 387 miles from Wildwood to Durhamtown. Is there anyone that can't squeak out 200 miles before fuel? I'm probably closest driving a CUCV with a 20 gallon tank. I'll improvise. There is a Pilot truck stop at exit 60 in GA. That's 203 miles from Wildwood. Would this be an acceptable fuel stop? If possible I would rather avoid the half dozen fuel stops we had last year. From Macon we will take 129 to 44 and 44 right up through Greensboro. On 44 just north of I-20 there are a couple of gas stations including a BP that sells diesel (just called). Would this make an acceptable stop for a final fuel stop so we arrive with nearly full fuel tanks? Last year I almost missed getting my cabin, rather not go through that again if possible. If this is acceptable I will try to print up some maps highlighting this route in the event we get separated. What say the masses.

phil2968

I think most of us can make it. We made it 200 miles pulling the 109 back in the summer. I think the M35 with 11.00's may get better, I hope. I agree with the less stops than last year.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 right now. Stonepicker1 could be 6 if he can pull it off. Make that 7, Stonepicker is planning on bringing 2 truck.

ODDBALL007

Studying the maps it looks like 387 miles from Wildwood to Durhamtown. Is there anyone that can't squeak out 200 miles before fuel? I'm probably closest driving a CUCV with a 20 gallon tank. I'll improvise. There is a Pilot truck stop at exit 60 in GA. That's 203 miles from Wildwood. Would this be an acceptable fuel stop? If possible I would rather avoid the half dozen fuel stops we had last year. From Macon we will take 129 to 44 and 44 right up through Greensboro. On 44 just north of I-20 there are a couple of gas stations including a BP that sells diesel (just called). Would this make an acceptable stop for a final fuel stop so we arrive with nearly full fuel tanks? Last year I almost missed getting my cabin, rather not go through that again if possible. If this is acceptable I will try to print up some maps highlighting this route in the event we get separated. What say the masses.
Hey kenny I just bought 2 peltor procomm plus headsets. This way razor and I will have communications and I wanted to se if we can sink into yours? By the way the directions seem fine for me

RAYZER

I'm working hard to get every thing done in time,cutting it close!
I will be pulling the m146 with the deuce tractor if I have enough time to do the maintenance,if not,i have provisions to barrow a m818 but I really want to roll with the ugly deuce.
I hope yall can keep up!:driver:

flyusn99

I-95 Convoy

There are two of us coming up from Jacksonville on Thursday morning. Anyone else coming up that way? We'll be in an M35A2C and an M923 if anyone wants to join.

James

panic_button

Is anyone heading up to the rally that is with in 150 mile of Pensacola/Ft walton area? I need an ASK kit for a generator brought back, but have to work... Willing to pay with Beer or $.

Thanks

panzerwillie

Hope to finish my M1009 and i can make it there by early wensday to join you guys, whats going to be the departure time out of wildwood on the AM thx

phil2968

8am! Be there at least by 7:30 to get fuel and meet and greet. We need to be rolling out at 8! We got to Durham way to late last year. Don't want to do that again. Hook up with Kenny if you can!

panzerwillie

Ok great lets see if i get it all done this weekend, this is next weeks wensday correct , may roll to orlando tuesday nite and stay at a friends to make sure im there on time. its a good 4hrs from miami or more:shock:
thx

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Phil,

Just an update. I'm making the Georgia Rally the last stop on my vacation so I won't be convoying up this year. I already have my camp site reserved and will be arriving at Durham Town Wednesday afternoon.

See you guys there. Have a safe trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks