• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

availability of M911's or M1070

NSCoyote

just a quick question, whats the availability like on the M911's and the M1070's as well as the corresponding M747 trailers ?

i understand they arnt $1-3K vehicles llike Dueces but i cant see them as being $50-60K like Oshkosh has them selling at. in reality can they be found and had in the 10-20K mark if i was willing to buy 2-3 of them ?

NSCoyote

, thanks i will have to keep scouring the Gl Auctions as well as looking through the resources online. hopefully i can find a couple in the 10-20K mark that are in half decent shape

NS= Nova Scotia

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will not find M1070s yet. Give the system at least another 10 years or so then you might see some beaters start cycling out.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They sold a M911 a while back out of Arkansas with a big trailer (not a 747).....it was sold and then relisted (first buyer must have defaulted).

If I remember it went very high.

Once the dealers get a hold of them they skyrocket in price.

NSCoyote

They sold a M911 a while back out of Arkansas with a big trailer (not a 747).....it was sold and then relisted (first buyer must have defaulted).

ya i figured they M911's wernt goign to be anywhere near the same price bracket as dueces and the like.

as far as dealer pricing ya i seen that watching GL sales on the M920 watched 3 close in the $2-4K mark and oshkosh equipment are listing them in the around $36K with those kinda mark ups its makes it dificult to want to deal with them LOL

like i said in my earlier posts i understand they (m911) are gonna be up there in price but hoping i can find 2 or 3 in the 15-20 k mark. between now and new years.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter

If I remember correctly, that auction (even the 2nd time) was more like someone bought a jeep and stinger and got a free trailer and M911. That was a heck of a trailer.

I think the thing that would keep me from buying a M911 is that its so dang goofy lookin... :beer:

Last edited:
Geez, The local Indian reservation has an M911 and an M747 trailer just sitting out there. And its been sitting there since they drove it in. Yard art is my guess. Funny thing is, according to the road foreman, they went to pick up the M747 trailer at the base and when they arrived, they said hey that truck (the M911) goes with it!

NSCoyote

those trucks are really pricey looks like to me. just curious what you are going to be doing with a truck that big?
Yeah I have to ask as well. You planning on dragging Nova Scotia closer to the US? Lovely place. I have family there.
no i would need to look at navy surplus to brign NS closer to the US not army LOL.

im in the process of setting up another business venture that the M911's and M920's will be perfectly suited for

Last edited:

NSCoyote

I could be wrong but I thought the m911s were like 115" wide and were concidered wide load only ??
yes they do require an over width permit to operate on the road with the outer rear duals on, as a commercial venture these trucks would not be operated on the road unless under contract to a client and the permit costs would be built into the cost billed to the client. as well the majority of the roads that we will be runnign them on are private leashold roads and the majority of them do not require permits for over dimmension equipment

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks