• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Ga Rally t-shirt poll/order thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Typically, I wouldn't create a separate thread just for t-shirts, but Wreckerman893 called me yesterday and after discussing it, we decided this was the best way to do it.

Wreckerman is going to manage t-shirt production and sales this year. This is in addition to his participation in the Ga Rally food services and his management of the "hardball convoy" we're planning this year.

I don't know what his angle is in all this, but I'll keep my eye on him. He's a shifty fella. rofl

We broke the t-shirt info out into it's own thread because there is going to be some discussion about design, colors, shirt styles (long sleeve, short sleeves, kids sizes, etc.).

Wreckerman is looking for feedback on what you guys want.

If he needs it, I'll add a poll to the thread.

I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since it was discussed, I would like to know what a "Hardball Convoy" is. As far as tee shirts, I would like to have an option for long sleeves and some youth sizes although that idea has already been shot down. I'm not sure if this is to be considered an advance order or just a feel to see what numbers need to be ordered. If folks have requests for small nunbers of unique items it would probably warrant prepayment. I know I wouldn't want to be stuck with a box of 7X shirts or Youth XS unless I was going to make quilts out of them. If not a problem, offer 2 color options. Black shirts in FL (and probably GA) are only good for night time and indoor use and I have enough OD shirts to clothe a platoon. Thats my input.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Typically, I wouldn't create a separate thread just for t-shirts, but Wreckerman893 called me yesterday and after discussing it, we decided this was the best way to do it.
Wreckerman is going to manage t-shirt production and sales this year. This is in addition to his participation in the Ga Rally food services and his management of the "hardball convoy" we're planning this year.
I don't know what his angle is in all this, but I'll keep my eye on him. He's a shifty fella. rofl
We broke the t-shirt info out into it's own thread because there is going to be some discussion about design, colors, shirt styles (long sleeve, short sleeves, kids sizes, etc.).
Wreckerman is looking for feedback on what you guys want.
If he needs it, I'll add a poll to the thread.
I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.
Yep, better keep an eye on him but I can assure you his intentions are honorable. (Most of the time LOL).

Also, I'm REALLY happy to see Richard, Mike, Squirt, Kenny...and shoot...all the other fellers stepping up to give you a hand Clinto.

I think the Georgia Rally is destined to become "THE ULTIMATE RALLY" on the right side of the country if it's not already.

I and the CAMO Crew will help out with sumpin when we arrive Wed evening or Thurs morning.
(I can do police call purty good!!!)

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Since it was discussed, I would like to know what a "Hardball Convoy" is.
Last year, there was an impromptu convoy on the surface streets that (I think) went to the town of Union Point, turned around and came back.

All the participants that went had a great time and the pictures were great, so we are going to expand it this year.

Rich is heading it up, but I believe (and my preference) it would be a short ride somewhere, maybe stop for an early lunch, turn around and come back.

We're going to try and get some photographers to make sure it is captured properly.

More info will come forth soon and be posted to the main rally thread.

it will only take a couple hours, as we know most people want to make the maximum of their trail riding time.

Srjeeper

I'm in........

I'm in for a t-shirt or two, keep us 'Full Figured' folks in mind (over 2X) please. :doh:

As for colors....Not a fan of black, OD's gettin used rather hard anymore, so maybe darker military tan or gray color in both long & short sleeve would be my suggestion. :beer:

As far as logo's......loose the silly cartoon's on the shirts.....those just end up shop rags 'sooner' rather than later... :rant:

2cents

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need 2 mediums and 2 large Rally shirts. Prefer short sleeve but will take whatever.

On the hardball convoy, assuming to town, we need to be sure that the local law engorcement knows it is a trail ride event and not a bunchof whackos. PR can be our friend..........

3dAngus

Not sure if black is out, but they are better for fishing with, so I would like two XLarge black. I recommend the logo stuff be fully minimized up front, but on back, anything goes, use your own collective judgements. I don't like a lot of writing, ink, or plastic on my chest. Also, the idea of T pocket is great.

If no black, OD green is fine with me. Please, no critters on the shirts. MV's are perfect.
That's my input. And, thanks guys!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm sure CAMO will want several shirts in various sizes...but...can we get a sneak preview of what's gonna be on them before we committ/pay??roflroflrofl

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An idea for grapics: Gimpyrobb strapping a deer carcass on the front of his Deuce, or do I have the wrong rally?

I'd be interested in a couple, any idea yet how much?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have made a command decsion to go with a tan shirt (I liked CAMO's shirts from last year) and green has been done at several rallys.

I am going to the vendor tomorrow and will try to have a design posted tomorrow night.....I will ask about long sleeves and pockets (I like a pocket T-shirt myself). I will also see about getting some done in black since folks have asked.

Be aware that the more you ask for the more the price will increase.....I want to hold the price to 15 bucks or less. I would rather more folks have shirts than to make a big profit......a few bucks a shirt for my time is fine with me.

I am going to ask if they have American made shirts and if so how much more per unit they would be. My pref would be for the money to stay in our country.

I will post the results tomorrow and let the faithful voice their opinion.

Ref the hardball convoy I am going to contact the local LEO's and see if we can get some traffic control assistance at major intersections on the route. Route and which town we tour through to be announced by Friday of the rally.

Please hold off ordering until we have things finalized.

ralbelt

WM put me in for 2 xl, I like the tan idea and a pocket is worth the xtra price. In basic we could not get into the movies if your shirt did not have a pocket.[Ft. Ord]

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good idea on the tan. But do check about US made shirts; just because they are made here doesn't necessarily mean the company isn't owned by a foreign entity.

Jimma

I like the idea of a us made shirt. You can check with Campbell clothing company. They provide shirts to the military and sell direct to the public very reasonably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks