• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 Series Tachometer cable help needed

Makincold

So the tachometer has never worked right on my M818 and I finally pulled the cable end from the IP this weekend to check it out
What I found is the pin on the end of the cable seems to be wrong
its to small and spins freely in the IP
My dad is a deisel mechanic and had a proper pin for comparison and its much bigger
I'm thinking this is a deuce tachometer cable (smaller pin???)

So the cable I pulled out is:
"Type: M10215-1F104"
"MFG65496"

The 5ton 20P says I need a "MS51071-4" where can I get one of these or is something wrong with this picture?

Attachments

91W350

I think the gauges are the same between the deuce and five ton with a different red line sticker location. If you have trouble locating the cable, I have one on an 813 that we are not going to use.

the rite size ends are avalible from truck shops. you may have to look around a little to find one that has an old kit around tho because most equipment now a days does not use cables. when you find the rite end just carefully grind the old end of the cable and crimp on the new one.

I put them in the mill vise flat ways and peel the end off. SLOWLY!

where ever you get the end from should have the crimpers.

Makincold

So I got the dial calipers out
The pin on the "new" cable the Army put in (shown in picture #2 above, top) mic's out at 0.150"
The pin that fits in the IP as is should (shown below the full "new" cable in pic 2 above) mic's at 0.185"

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When my IP was rebuilt, the tach suddenly didn't work. The shop denied and made all the usual excuses and told me to replace the cable. :cookoo: I ended up putting some electrical tape around the cable end and shoving it in, and it has worked since.

70deuce

I did something loke OPCOM did. When I got my pump back from rebuild, the tach did not work. Had been working fine before the rebuild. Same deal, the cable end seemed to be smaller than the socket in the pump now. I used a piece of small diameter plastic tubing i.e. aquarium air tubing to "take up the slack" around the cable end and it has been working fine for two years.

M813A1

91W350 !! Hey by chance are you parting out a NHC 250 ?? If you I would be interestes in the fuel line and fitting that comes out of the injector pump and runs back into the fuel port on the last head !! I am wanting to do the fuel line mod to my M813A1 to give it better fuel suppply to the engine and reduce the chance of low feul delivery to the front head.
Thanks

319cssb

What ive done is slightly different. I used a piece of the shrink tubing of a Blue electrical connector and heated and shrunk it. That way it would keep the shape of the gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks