• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

+1in torque rods?

ODdave

Has anyone given any thought to +1 in torque rods? I have 395's on my truck and would love to run chains. Is there any adverse afects that i nay be overlooking? I am aware of drive shafts and a 2 in longer main leaf. Gimmie some thoughts.

A half joking thought of my dads was to run 1 chain over both rears. I have seen this done on antique trucks, kinna got me thinking.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Has anyone given any thought to +1 in torque rods? I have 395's on my truck and would love to run chains. Is there any adverse afects that i nay be overlooking? I am aware of drive shafts and a 2 in longer main leaf. Gimmie some thoughts.

A half joking thought of my dads was to run 1 chain over both rears. I have seen this done on antique trucks, kinna got me thinking.
I have seen this done MANY years ago for SLOW speed, once speed picks up, things seem to come a-part very QUICK, seems that the tire tries to suck them around it self

paulfarber

Torque rods only see compression/tension (they absorb the torque from the axle) so I don't see a huge deal with welding in a donor section that you cut off another rod... heat treat to stress relieve and you would never know its not stock with a good welder, a grinder and paint.

You could not weld in a 1 inch section becuase by the time you cut the bevel to get a good solid weld on both ends it would be more than 1 inch. So you would have to cut the proper length off a donor and weld together.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you looked at the spacing near your fuel tank or spare tire? I think it would be real close on my truck, and I don't use a full size spare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks