• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

shenkmen

The Event was a success! After event posts and pics start here - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/northe...2011-rausch-creek-mv-rally-12.html#post968304

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This is
the official sign up thread for the Fall 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally.

The event will take place from Thursday 10/20 to Sunday 10/23 at Rausch Creek Offroad park in Tremont, PA.

Rausch Creek offers the following...

• On site primitive camping.
  • 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails.
  • Trails can accommodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
  • Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.
Rausch Creek's website has allot of info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance or when you arrive. Download them from here if you wish - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

What you can expect...

What you need to do...

• Get your vehicle ready. C'mon, don't miss this!
  • Bring your parts and cash for part swapping and sales.
  • Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...
    • The MV or MVs you are bringing.
    • Date of arrival.
    • State if you are camping and the number of people in your group. This info is needed to make a reservation.
  • Let us know how you can pitch in. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...
    • A Generator.
    • Firewood.
    • Trail scouting prior to the event.
    • Early arrivals to reserve space on Friday.
    • What else???
I'll update this post with the current attendee list and info.

------
9.13 - Attendee list updated and attached
------
9.22 - Attendee list updated and attached
------
10.18 - Attendee list updated and attached
------
10.19 - Attendee list updated and attached

Attachments

Last edited:

kastein

Depending on how my repairs go I will be either driving my 91 MJ or my M54A2. Should arrive either very late Thursday or very late Friday... leaving Sunday.

PaFarmer

Bringing M-35A2 towing a Cherokee. Riding Friday and Saturday.

2-6 people camping.

Will bring some firewood and beer.

Looking forward to a great time as ususal.

Tlauden

Bringing M35A2, myself and my girl, probably camping in the back of it. I can bring food and/or drinks, Cant bring alcohol, not 21 yet:( ill be leaving Sunday, not sure on arrival because im so close, i guess i could head up early friday and reserve spots if thats needed, but ive never been there before so i dont know what to expect:shock::oops:

If you guys want i can look into getting a very large grill, its a pig roaster like contraption. i can get a pic and post it here and if y'all think it would be handy i can work on getting it that weekend. sorry i cant describe it better, and its either propane or charcoal so however you all prefer to grill it could do both. once i get the pic up ill need to know yes/no because that would require my girl driving my ram up also, the deuce sits a bit to high to pull it lol

Added pic from our website: ill get some better ones of what the racks look like on the inside, i think they would be fine for burgers/dogs/ etc but ill let everyone else say, ill take some more tomorrow

OK last update i promise!!! if we want the roaster its ours for the weekend, i just checked wit our cheif :)

Attachments

Last edited:

THEROAD

Arriving Thursday with PA Farmer.
M35A2.
Camping
Leaving Sunday
I am bringing a Go Pro.
If you have not seem these **** things google it.

dstang97

Is the wheelin easy and Open ? I do not like body damage. I enjoy light to moderate wheeling mostly for the view.

Tlauden

I've never been there so I can't say first hand. Go to you tube and look up steel soldiers roush creek. Some good vids and I'm assuming the whole park is a good mix of what you see in the vids

kastein

The park has some of everything. Easy access roads all the way up through rather difficult rock gardens. I have only been there once with the 5-ton and took it down some rather narrow trails, had to back out of one when I nearly took both my mirrors off on trees at the same time.

PaFarmer

As said previously, there are a good mix of trails. A lot of the trails have bypasses around more difficult sections. The trails are well marked, so you know before starting out whether the trail is going to be easy or tough. Deuces and 5tons rub trees on some of the trails, usually the trees get the worst of the exchange. I think you would have a blast in a CUCV and there are certainly some very nice vistas.

Do not judge RC by the videos you see on Youtube. No one wants to watch a truck bounce down an old mining or logging road now used as a trail. Many of the videos have trucks in rocks, mud or water because it is entertaining to watch and more challenging to drive. You can ride all day in 2wd if you want to stick to the easier trails.

Lots of guys run nice clean trucks that run on the trails and have a great time, though there are some real nice guys in the group that provide plenty of entertainment.

powerhouseduece

I agree 100% pafarmer. There are a lot of easy trails, most I can take my 818 down and not have a issue. The new side is even more open.

I'm officially backing out of the Ga rally so I will be up with you guys.

It will be the old lady and I, in the m916 towing the 818. I will have the usual food, beer, and maybe the GP small depending on the weather.

powerhouseduece

Maybe we can send out 2 groups on the trails, ones that would like to take it easy, another for those who like a challenge. I've been on every trail my truck will fit down at least twice, would like to hit some of the challenging spots.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be going, by myself, tentatively driving the M35A2 and arriving around noon Friday. Can bring some firewood and a radio if anyone wants to hear tunes in camp. Oh, and I'll have beer and cigars as usual, they are my medication.

I might also be able to bring a digital projector and some DVDs if someone wants movie night, but I'll need a laptop and generator to go along with that.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks