• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

mikey

Thanks to everyone for a great time and event. We had a blast. Thanks also to all who helped me out with my Deuce. The brake issue really had us concerned about getting home. We made it all safe and sound. We had a great time and met some great people. Thanks, Jim & Jenn
Very happy to hear you made it home safe. Too bad you now have more brake fluid in your cab than your break lines...

mikey

I'm still rather impressed that nobody even broke any mirrors. Not counting Jim's brake break, no mechanical failures, either.

My first long drive in the M109 went great- 485 miles, round trip. I definitely need to remember a packing checklist. I was missing 2 important things- a budd socket to remove a flat (had swench and jack) & my ****ed sleeping bag. 32mi of that trip was to a Walmart up i81. On the bright side, I had the inverter running all weekend, so people could charge phones. :idea:
You got a flat after we split on 81?

shenkmen

It's not in your tool box? Jim
I didn't have a toolbox out so I guess you're talking about the box on on my truck. Checked it, no ratchet. That's fine, don't look at me when your breaks fail (again) in April. I'll remember you pal. :-D

Had a good time. Thanks for the ribs Joe. Here are some pics:
What an awesome weekend and a super group of people! I am so happy I didn't miss this event. Anyone who has read the Rausch Creek threads and wasn't sure about attending, I'm telling you to don't miss the next one. Just do it. Great people, awesome landscape and trails and Shenkmen's meat was delicious! I'd do this event four times a year if I could.

Thanks to everyone who I met this weekend for such an exciting time on the trails and an even more exciting time afterwards.
Yep, agree boys. Thanks everyone. No problem on the short ribs. Glad you guys enjoyed them.

Last edited:

shenkmen

Dude I don't know WTF your problem is? I do not have your ratchet. Tell me what you had, and I will sen d you a new one or the cash. Your choice. OK pal??? Your goin to feel like a real ******* when you find it. Jim
Jim, just joking with you. It was a cheapo 3/8 ratchet and I really don't care about it. No problems bud.

Edit: Jim, I went back to my previous post and added a smiley face just for you. Here's another one - :-D

Again, no problems. I'd rather you keep the wrench for the ride home since you didn't have one and may have needed it down the road. I'm not saying you have it. I'm saying I don't care about it again.

In light of the amount of joking this past weekend I felt OK joking with you again.

Know what I mean?

Cheers

Last edited:

PsycoBob

Given all the tools that got juggled, it could have ended up anywhere- including smooshed into the parking lot. I almost drove off without the best folding chair I've ever had- if I hadn't taken one last walk around the site it'd still be there. aua

THEROAD

I had a great time. Met some great new friends and renewed older friendships. Man those spare ribs, **** they were great.
The trails we road on this year were really easy compared to previous years. My son and I took a trip down "J" in his jeep. Man was it washed out. Not for an M35A2 right now, but it has the prettiest views in the whole park. 1A and 1B were also rougher then I remember, and still very narrow. You can still see where some of the trees got deuce bumper marks. The rains this really washed out the smaller stones leaving the big stuff. Just makes for a very rough ride in a deuce.
See you in the Spring. If you don't feel up to it at least show up as a "rider" and camper. Most trucks only had a driver so there is always room for a navigator.

shenkmen

THEROAD, Good to meet you and no problem on the short ribs.

Mikey, thanks for bringing the grill. That was perfect.

Maddawg, thanks for the navigating and co-piloting.

Wildchild, thanks for letting me talk you into going out on Sunday. I should have paid for you pass. I'll get you back.

Cheers.

Last edited:

shenkmen

I was hit with so many faces, names, screen names, I can't remember who's who. I'm guessing your the rib guy? I don't even remember you lending any tools, but then again tools were coming from everywhere. Mostly the guy right next to mr who brought almost everything with him. I put his tools back in the box if I knew where it came from and if not they went in the bed right next to the boxes. I was not aware of any MIA tools. I will replace it. Your post sure didn't sound humourous at all. You aren't but 30 minutes from me. Tell me what it was and I'll get you a new one. Thanks again to all that helped me. Jim
Yep, the ribs. :-D Don't worry about it. I have plenty of 3/8 ratchets. See you in April.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shenkmen,

dont worry about sunday, i wanted to go too. i liked it because it didnt have as much mud and my knuckle boots liked that. haha. we got some awesome pictures for our computer wallpapers too.... but im using the picture you took with my camera.... good scenery there! [thumbzup]

SteveKuhn

"...If you don't feel up to it at least show up as a "rider" and camper. Most trucks only had a driver so there is always room for a navigator..."

That was my plan for this past weekend until life ran us over. It's now my plan for April.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No short ribs but they do a whole a pig, steaks, chilli mac, SOS, cheesy grits, plain grits, pancakes, eggs, did I miss anything??? Good chow makes the event...SOS was toop notch. The CAMO crew did a fine beef stew over homemade biscuits I had on Thursday night.
Special Cherries [thumbzup]

THEROAD

The trails in GA look like something for real sissy's. Try the rocks and hills of Rasuch Creek someday. I especially got a kick out some GA guys complaining about it being cold. Oh yea Rausch Creek also has mud holes that can swallow a 5 ton if you want mud.

kastein

On the subject of tools, not helping the same guy again is the worst choice to make! I found that out when I was a professional greasemonkey, I accidentally left my oil filter socket and an extension bar under the hood of a customer's car. I blamed another guy (well, pretty much anyone but me) for several months and as luck would have it, I worked on the same car again the next time they came in for an oil change. It was still there and I had to eat a significant amount of crow :p

I was hit with so many faces, names, screen names, I can't remember who's who. I'm guessing your the rib guy? I don't even remember you lending any tools, but then again tools were coming from everywhere. Mostly the guy right next to mr who brought almost everything with him. I put his tools back in the box if I knew where it came from and if not they went in the bed right next to the boxes. I was not aware of any MIA tools. I will replace it. Your post sure didn't sound humourous at all. You aren't but 30 minutes from me. Tell me what it was and I'll get you a new one. Thanks again to all that helped me. Jim
I know the feeling. I still have almost no idea who everyone was. I hope I can bring my truck in the spring... we'll see.

Anyone here interested in my front seat/s? Jim
I might be, like I was complaining about at RC TNJMurray managed to send me a totally wrong drivers seat and my passenger seat is junk. How much you want for em?

mikey

On the subject of tools, not helping the same guy again is the worst choice to make! I found that out when I was a professional greasemonkey, I accidentally left my oil filter socket and an extension bar under the hood of a customer's car. I blamed another guy (well, pretty much anyone but me) for several months and as luck would have it, I worked on the same car again the next time they came in for an oil change. It was still there and I had to eat a significant amount of crow :p

I know the feeling. I still have almost no idea who everyone was. I hope I can bring my truck in the spring... we'll see.

I might be, like I was complaining about at RC TNJMurray managed to send me a totally wrong drivers seat and my passenger seat is junk. How much you want for em?
It was nice meeting you, bring your deuce next time. I was the guy with the breaker bar and dot3 grenade. Joe (shenkman) is an absolute stand up guy and I can tell you with 100% certainty that he was kidding about not helping again. Yet, I can see where Jim might not catch that in these posts. The simple things like a laugh and a smile don't show through a forum post.

I met a lot of people at Rausch Creek and not one person who I thought I could never see myself as friends with. Although, I swear I'll never borrow Jim's sawzall! Even the dude who kept groping Maddawg was the entertainment at the bonfire. I wonder how he recovered from the vm's we left random people from his cell phone?

Let's end the forum wars here. Let's all get together again in the spring and I'm telling you everyone will have fun and everyone will help their brothers out regardless of the keystroke tantrums of the previous pages. Just drive, drink and be merry. It's that simple.

Mikey

Last edited:

shenkmen

What's wrong with my sawzall??? You never know when one cum's in handy...lol. Joe, Don't know where about's you are located, but Jenn and I had the Deuce out and about in Willow Street today in the snow. Jim
I'm 30 min from Willow Street. No time for a deuce ride yesterday. 4 hours in the snow with my boy and removing a fallen tree from my neighbor's yard kept me busy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks