• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

THEROAD

We don't need any loud gennys. I have a 2000 watt inverter that we can hook to a battery if you can't live without your tunes for a fer days.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone here heard from Dave or Rob, the No.2Diesel boys? I've sent PMs to them and no response so far. This is their rally, historically, so I'm surprised they haven't chimed in yet....

PsycoBob

I plan on being there with Sam Adams, food and my M109. :driver: I doubt I'll be taking it out on the trails, but usually someone has room for me. :)

I'd have to second the idea of two groups- some of us don't like the idea of getting towed 250mi home...

spicergear

There should be no body damage if you can drive...at all. Matt took his giant 5 ton tractor through the woods last time as trail leader and deuces followed. You CUCV guys shouldn't worry as they'll be a big enough path. :mrgreen:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I drove the entire trail last year in my son's Sean 1009, bypassing the deep spots, while I watched Matt hit all the holes in the 818. Madawg was my co-pilot. PAFarmer and family followed in the Cherokee. It was a fun ride. I am torn, GA or PA????

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you decide to go to RC like your sons, I hope to be in the deuce this time around, you're welcome to ride along as my co-pilot this time....

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I may just do that. I like to be able to video and shoot pictures without the worry of doing damage to my son's 1009 this time. I will have my S250 shelter on my 101A3 by then. I do have about 8 cords of wood split and even more unsplit in 4-5" rounds. Plus its a family outing....

Tlauden

Ok, I really don't wanna do this but I need to change my yes I'm attending to a maybe.... I just got hired at Norfolk southern, don't have an exact start date yet but they estimate around 5-6 weeks until my training starts, which puts that right around the time of this event. Once I find out for sure I'll post back here. I was really looking forward to this event but I couldnt pass up an opportunity at a job like this

Tyler

powerhouseduece

I will Be there the weekend before our rally (14-16) With the Maryland Rock Raiders. Im going to try and scout out some more challenging trails to take. I've seen No.2 Diesel on here the other day, don't know why he didnt post up if he is coming.

And a Bump, we have 3 weeks to get stuff moving!!!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count me in! I'll have my M35A2 W/W and M105A2 to camp in. I bought a small propane grill at the Gilbert rally that I'm bringing. Be fun to try it out because I've never used one before. Maybe try cooking on that. I can bring some recovery chain and snatch block to help out if we need it. I plan on getting my 12 volt alternator hooked up on my deuce and with that I plan on having a marine battery that will stay charged, so if somebody needs 12 volts I'll have it. I'm not sure what else I'll bring, have to see. :-o

PaFarmer

Getting an 818w/w on Wednesday. Plan to get it in good shape for the RC Rally. Plan is to install a 105 bed, full cage in cab and bed, rear bench seats and install the cargo cover on the 105 bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks