• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Powerhouse- The leg is doing great, thanks for asking. It's a lot better than I thought it would be around this time. It's still sore if I step on it wrong on uneven ground, but I just take my time and try not to over do things. I should be fine for the rally. :eek:

Does anybody know somebody selling a towbar? I might be in the market for one but not sure who has one for a decent price. I do t NEED one but for the right price I would pick one up. Just posting this incase somebody had one and could bring it to the rally. Throw me a PM or postnit on here... Thanks!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom, I don't have a towbar, but I may have some pins, and I know I have feet, but they are 3/4" feet for the CUCV series and the M37. Won't work with the deuce.

joshs1ofakindxj

Man I wish I could make this outing. I signed up to go with the girlfriend somewhere that weekend. I hope there is a spring run there. I'm only 3 hours drive away!

PaFarmer

As an FYI not an ad, there is a deuce for sale right up the road from Rausch Creek. The property owner is selling an m-35a2 asking $2000. It could use paint. It is at 978 gap street, valley view, pa

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
another bump! 1 week away... my plan is to get down there thursday night... probably will be a little later, like midnight maybe. think im going to stop on the way down and have dinner with an old friend, but thats still up in the air. who knows, maybe ill be down friday morning:razz:

mikey

I really want to make this trip, but I'd prefer to convoy with someone with some experience just in case. Is there anyone coming down from the Binghamton / NEPA area? I'll be leaving from 18439, but I'd be happy to catch up with anyone coming anywhere near that area. If your route takes you down 81 from NY or even around Scranton please PM me. My schedule is very flexible. I'll just feel safer traveling with company.

Thanks

Mikey

kastein

I really want to make this trip, but I'd prefer to convoy with someone with some experience just in case. Is there anyone coming down from the Binghamton / NEPA area? I'll be leaving from 18439, but I'd be happy to catch up with anyone coming anywhere near that area. If your route takes you down 81 from NY or even around Scranton please PM me. My schedule is very flexible. I'll just feel safer traveling with company.

Thanks

Mikey
My route does take me down 84 and 81 but I won't be heading down till late Friday probably, and I won't be in a vehicle that can tow you. I will be bringing a decent tool collection and know my way around a deuce/5ton decently well at this point though if you end up needing help.

powerhouseduece

I'm here now, we tore up some trails today. I'm heading back tomorrow but I have some wicked ideas for trails, if your man enough to fallow. I got stuff figured out that would make a grown man cry :)

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm here now, we tore up some trails today. I'm heading back tomorrow but I have some wicked ideas for trails, if your man enough to fallow. I got stuff figured out that would make a grown man cry :)
Thanks for doing the recon! I'm game for any trails but I don't want to go in any deep mud... My knuckle boots are ripped (cheap zipper boots). I'm really excited about going down there and riding the trails! You going to bring more of those sour gummy worms like last year? Pick up an extra bag if you want and I'll throw ya some money... I ate quite a bit of them last year! Haha!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will be in the civvy truck again, the deuce in currently listed on eBay so the high bidder will be driving it away next week sometime. Anyways, I'll be needing a passenger seat to plop my ass in again.

powerhouseduece

We are going to need to break off into 2 groups. I have some real sadistic trails piped out that are not for the faint of heart. Or those without power steering :)

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't hate the Armstrong steering! I was working some today doing some small things done on my deuce and M105A2 ready for the trip. The list is getting smaller and I'm getting more things ready and my to-do list is getting slim!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to ride with PWD's group - I've been on all the big trails there, love to see what the tighter trails have in store....

powerhouseduece

If my dad and the old lady don't come, you can ride with me Mike. Just pack extra shorts :) Jim (R-Racing) dropped off the LB20 so I can tow my 818 up there. As you know, I will tear stuff up, I'm going all out this time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks