• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

shenkmen

To the first person that will be there. Please rope off some spots for fellow members, and I would advise you from getting the spots right next to the entrance. I do not care for the sound of trailers bouncing in the gate all night. I'm also going to have to park further down because I will be driving the m916 towing a 48' trailer.
Follow the red path in the attached image to the preferred campsite.

Attachments

Last edited:

kastein

The problem with the other end is all the dust. Good news is it looks like really good weather this year. I don't remember the noise, but then alcohol helps deaden the senses. The treed area has some nice shade, but we have stayed at both spots.

kastein please what are you the tree police? If we can't get through then a tree a may get sacrificed for the greater good. Not like the place will miss a tree or three. We found out cutting them is quicker then just running them over and getting stuck on the root ball. Just check out the pic from 09.
my apologies, I did not realize that breaking the park's rules, damaging their property, and risking getting kicked out was how this was run. No, I'm not the tree police, but I don't do to others property what I wouldn't want done to my own.

As for dust, I doubt that will be much of an issue, as it is raining right now. Should dampen things down enough that the dust will stay away for at least a day or two.

powerhouseduece

Follow the red path in the attached image to the preferred campsite.
You got it! Others like the wooded area by the entrance, but its so noisey that I'd probably put my own lock on the gate cause it pisses me off.

We are not allowed to take down any trees. All the ones that got knocked down in the past years were "ready" to come down anyways. Just last weeked we watched a tree fall on a jeep, no one was with in 10' of it, it just fell.

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, ill try to police up some rope and get that area roped off.

Powerhouse,... does that area with the red arrow work for you and thwe trailer? you plan on backing the trailer in or going parrallel to the tree line there? mikey and i will do our best to do what we can so everybody has a good spot. :beer:

THEROAD

Kastein you may be a general on Steel Soldiers, but at Rausch Creek you are just a Newbie. Maybe you should hold your comments until you get a better understanding of the place.

kastein

Kastein you may be a general on Steel Soldiers, but at Rausch Creek you are just a Newbie. Maybe you should hold your comments until you get a better understanding of the place.
I'm so glad you feel that way. And I don't consider my 'rank' here to be worth anything nor does it change a single thing about the fact that cutting trees is not permitted at RC. I have been there around a dozen times including several times when I drove down with my own tools, food, and water to volunteer to help them cut more trails in the new property under the official guidance of the staff. One of the staff members owns my old jeep. I'll be my own judge of whether or not I have an understanding of the place thank you sir.

Now, can we drop this ridiculous argument about breaking park rules and simply not break park rules?

shenkmen

THEROAD / kastein, can you guys please either end this here or take it somewhere else.

Please?

I'm asking so we can keep the good times and the positive nature of this thread on track.

Pretty please?

Thanks guys.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
maybe we're just all excited to go wheelin! i know i am! my only side effect is when to know to stop working on the deuce PM'ing it and just drive the thing down there! haha! :)

so does anybody have a real nice metal battery box, fan blower motor resistor or M200A1 Parts? for the M200A1 im looking for safety chains, glad hand hoses (from the glad hand all the way to the through frame bulkhead it has), relay valve, parking brake handles and cables.

im bringing some odds and ends stuff to sell if anybody is intrested.

powerhouseduece

Tom, I plan on pulling straight in the corner so I can just back out and roll when I leave. I should be there before lunch time Friday. I'm at my shop diving out my camping gear, I also have 5 gallons of gas and some extension cord if anyone with a genset wants to park next to me. I may have some people convoy up with me, just have to see if they are going to be ready.

PaFarmer

Kastein

It sounds like you are running with the XJ group. I may run some with that group as well. I'll be in my white cherokee, stop buy before you head out.

It sounds like you have been around the park, but maybe not with the bigger trucks. Until you have your truck pinned between trees or like Dave have your truck stuck on a root ball, you should not pass judgment.

No one is talking about blazing new trails or tearing the place up, but trees fall and sometimes get in the way for big trucks. We are all in it for the same kicks.

See you there

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom, I plan on pulling straight in the corner so I can just back out and roll when I leave. I should be there before lunch time Friday. I'm at my shop diving out my camping gear, I also have 5 gallons of gas and some extension cord if anyone with a genset wants to park next to me. I may have some people convoy up with me, just have to see if they are going to be ready.
thats a big 10-4

powerhouseduece

Got the truck on the trailer. Can't lash it all the way down cause the crack heads will steal the binders. I will probably be driving the truck to work thursday night and leaving as soon as I get off. Its a real mofo to get this thing in and out of the complex as it is, throw in some 7am traffic and its a nightmare.

Also, huge thanks to jim (R-Racing) for letting me barrow the trailer. This in the best thing since sliced bread.

Attachments

kastein

Kastein

It sounds like you are running with the XJ group. I may run some with that group as well. I'll be in my white cherokee, stop buy before you head out.

It sounds like you have been around the park, but maybe not with the bigger trucks. Until you have your truck pinned between trees or like Dave have your truck stuck on a root ball, you should not pass judgment.

No one is talking about blazing new trails or tearing the place up, but trees fall and sometimes get in the way for big trucks. We are all in it for the same kicks.

See you there
Understood. I did eat a LOT of leaves for breakfast in my 5 ton when I took it through the new property the day after buying it last fall. It had no roof...

I ended up backing out of a trail about halfway down because I had a 5-6 inch tree on either side, each about to smash a mirror. Decided it was a bad sign and reversed out till I found a place to turn around.

I'll mostly be with the XJ crew since I didn't get my 5 ton fixed in time :( will drop by though. If you see a white comanche that has a rusty beat up stock bed on it, it's probably me. There is also a white comanche with a full custom tube bed, that's my friend Jordan from the same group.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Real men go to Georgia!!! Wussies head to RC!!!
You sure about that?

From what I've seen in the pics of GA rally, they've got an okay offroading place there. The camping/cooking is top notch. RC is almost the polar opposite - the camping cooking is just okay, and the offroading is fantastic. I've seen RC featured in several national offroading magazines, so you know the rockcrawling is good. Yet to see that for the GA location.

And, are you calling your own sons wussies?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
You sure about that?

From what I've seen in the pics of GA rally, they've got an okay offroading place there. The camping/cooking is top notch. RC is almost the polar opposite - the camping cooking is just okay, and the offroading is fantastic. I've seen RC featured in several national offroading magazines, so you know the rockcrawling is good. Yet to see that for the GA location.

And, are you calling your own sons wussies?
I knew that one would wake someone up... Nobody runs a 5 ton tractor offroad, as good as Matt,... NOBODY...He scares a father when watching...I am glad I am not there to watch... Now to GA.. 3 good meals, warm weather, lots of junk to browse and buy and boiled peanuts...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks