• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wow! What a truck!

dikwks

I was interested in an old diesel truck because I was intrigued by the thought of not being dependent on the usual sources for motor fuel. Well, whaddya know, the Army had already thought that whole thing out. Then I found out what all else came with that idea, and I had to have one. Wow...

axlr8

welcome sir....i am also intrigued like everyone else here....keep reading its really good stuff...btw no ads till you hit 100 posts....just a warnin :p

Dave08

The hobby is very addictive. Read up on the requirements from your state to find out what you are up against in owning and operating a MV. I have experienced small set backs but have had fun resolving them and I have learned alot. However, my biggest problem is annoying neighbors that turn me in to code enforcement all the time. Do a search on Code Enforcement, Registration Issues, and Insurance and get smart fast and it will be a lot more fun! By the way, what is your background? I see that you are listed as Suffolk, VA. Used to live in Chesapeake, VA (Deep Creek right off 64). Are you Military?
Just some friendly advise and welcome to the Big World of MVs!

Dave08

midcounty

Welcome aboard. Say good bye to all your money and hello to all the neat toys you will be buying. There is no cure for the addiction, so don't bother trying to fight it. Look at my signature. It all started because I thought it would be neat to have a Deuce to play with and promote my gunshop.

dikwks

Dave, no military background, just a working stiff, born and raised in SE Virginia, visited Suffolk, found a GOOD woman and settled, no probs at all with registration, it had already been registered in NC. The neighbors wont be a problem as we live in the country and they have "collections" of their own. For Bigburt and Billy Bob, hope the pix loaded right. There in the foreground, you'll see I've been spending time at the alternative fuels thread. so far the biggest challenge has been in fuelling the beast. For everyone else, Thanks for the welcome!

Attachments

Last edited:

dikwks

Oh yeah, it is a 1967 JK M35A2 W/W with an LDT-465-1D. I've already ordered some PTO seals etc. from ODIron, what is up with those guys? Two weeks later I have no parts and no response to emails. I am almost ready to cancel the charge and go elsewhere.

Dave08

Big Truck!

Dave, no military background, just a working stiff, born and raised in SE Virginia, visited Suffolk, found a GOOD woman and settled, no probs at all with registration, it had already been registered in NC. The neighbors wont be a problem as we live in the country and they have "collections" of their own. For Bigburt and Billy Bob, hope the pix loaded right. There in the foreground, you'll see I've been spending time at the alternative fuels thread. so far the biggest challenge has been in fuelling the beast. For everyone else, Thanks for the welcome!
nice truck and it is a beast to fuel. I am investigating getting into bio diesel for my rig.

Welcome to the Club:)
Dave08

frodobaggins

I've already ordered some PTO seals etc. from ODIron, what is up with those guys? Two weeks later I have no parts and no response to emails. I am almost ready to cancel the charge and go elsewhere.
Good people, but customer service is hit and miss.

hughscpa

Welcome to the madness. My only advice, Read the TM's, search the threads, pics, ask your questions (some people on here are unbelievably smart), pics, enjoy your truck, and did I mention pics? [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks