• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

spicergear

If anyone wants to replicate this build, I'm considering parting with the spare tire rack, 5th wheel plate and trailer ramps off the back of my M932A2 tractor as one package deal as seen in an ealier post.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone wants to replicate this build, I'm considering parting with the spare tire rack, 5th wheel plate and trailer ramps off the back of my M932A2 tractor as one package deal as seen in an ealier post.

If shipping wouldn't be such a killer getting those part to Texas, I'd be drooling over that OD Iron.

I wonder what shipping would cost, or if the SteelSoldiersRedballExpress could handle the mission.... Hmmmm

RAYZER

Hi folks! Been working on the deuce tractor since i got back from the Ga rally. Plumbed airlines to the stand and wired the stand light plug into the wire harness , changed out the tail lights for a properly mounted set,tore the inside of the cab apart to get to all the peeling paint and rust,this trucks a mess! Spent half a day with a hammer and chisel taking all the coating off of the floor boards,this stuff was a 1/4" thick in some places ,some kind of non skid stuff that was causing rust underneath because of a poor bond,all over the tops of my fenders to,what is this stuff???
Looking for someone to sandblast the window frame and dashboard now so i can paint and put everything back together and pull my m146 to the Fl Feb rally at richloam! Wish me luck! Will post some pics later!

Hooty481

Love the idea... I am with Jwaller on the single axel deuce tractor. Alot of guys here haul cattle with short single axel trucks. I think it would be awesome. I see a single axel duece in my future. I have all of the 5th parts laying around as i have recently put a low profile 5th wheel on my 818 so the van trailer that i pull will not be over height. wich if they park me on a rock to measure me will be now. I am right at 13'6".

Still love your truck. very nice job

RAYZER

Love the idea... I am with Jwaller on the single axel deuce tractor. Alot of guys here haul cattle with short single axel trucks. I think it would be awesome. I see a single axel duece in my future. I have all of the 5th parts laying around as i have recently put a low profile 5th wheel on my 818 so the van trailer that i pull will not be over height. wich if they park me on a rock to measure me will be now. I am right at 13'6".

Still love your truck. very nice job
Thank! What kind of van trailer?show us a pic!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pics Ray, I needed a good look at the heater installed, this will help me installing mine, I just have a small electric one at the moment to take the chill off but in a month it's going to be -0 out so I have to get started soon.

Tell Brenda Hello as well......Merry Christmas BRENDA MUHHHHHHH

RAYZER

That would have been an hour job with a needle scalier.
Yep.have one! Ill make good use of it on all the peeling paint.i also have a pnumatic sander and a wire cone grinder, small sandblasterand might try a 3500 Psi pressure washer to finish it off!

I think i'll start tomarow!:beer:

RAYZER

So today i bought 5gal of carc substitute 383 green from hd, (thanks to wsucougarx and his paint codes) enough to eventually paint the whole rig trailer included,i think I'll keep it one color with some stars on it, it looked like rain but i was itching to paint the inside of the cab so i proceeded , 30 min after i was finished it started sprinkling so i threw a trap over it,the paint went on nice and smooth covering with one cote using the airless sprayer with a narrow tip,this paint looks way off until it dries and then its an exact match

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks