• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray,

Do you have to thin the HD paint or can you spray it right from the can? I have an airless and will go over the truck front to back, top to bottom, in the spring and and wanted to use the HD 383 color. Did you by it in semi-gloss or flat?

RAYZER

Ray,

Do you have to thin the HD paint or can you spray it right from the can? I have an airless and will go over the truck front to back, top to bottom, in the spring and and wanted to use the HD 383 color. Did you by it in semi-gloss or flat?
No thinning required. it's flat.

RAYZER

Disaster strikes :( yesterday before painting i had reservations because it looked like rain but my enthusiasm got the better of me so i painted. I shouldn't have. I covered the cab with a trap thinking all would be well,when i comeback out here today i discovered that the trap had collected to much water and fell in resulting in some of the paint washing away and because of high humitity non of it dried.looks like I'll have to start over on at least half of the cab when weather permits. I am really bummed :cry:i screwed up.

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
Disaster strikes :( yesterday before painting i had reservations because it looked like rain but my enthusiasm got the better of me so i painted. I shouldn't have. I covered the cab with a trap thinking all would be well,when i comeback out here today i discovered that the trap had collected to much water and fell in resulting in some of the paint washing away and because of high humitity non of it dried.looks like I'll have to start over on at least half of the cab when weather permits. I am really bummed :cry:i screwed up.
been there done that, I feel your pain.

The home depot.
I have gotten my paint from there as well. Quick side know to shine a little sun on your rainy day. The two older gents in my paint department are former Koren War Vets, and when I told them how we all us this paint to paint our trucks they thought that it was the coolest idea ever, and asked for me to bring the trucks by in the spring for them to take a look. I told them I would be more them happy to take them for a ride when we bring them in the spring. Now every time I go in there they ask me how the trucks are coming, and whats the latest updates.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Praying you some patience and a sunnier day for the REDO.

It wasn't GRAVITY is just SUCKED.

BUMMER.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray, I envy the time you put into the tractor and the fact your weather is not 26 degrees. Got to love Florida.

RAYZER

Progress!

Back on track! Changed paint application method and used a automotive spray gun,50psi,thinned 10%,Im getting good results with lighter coats drying to touch in a half hr,the finish looks good and the color is right on, this paint is going to be plenty durable.
My plan: finish painting all cab parts,new window/cab rubber kit,put it all back together, then work on painting the rest of the truck.

Attachments

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I soon will be ready to start plumbing the airlines to the airline stand and trolly brake.to have all the right parts,i still need to aquire a shuttte valve with pressure switch ,and a protection valve as seen on the m275 air line system scematic in the back of the deuce manual, also need the wireing plug with the wires that plugs into the bottom of the air line stand. any one have these items and want to part with them for a price? let me know what it will take.
maccus: how did you address this airline plumbing on your conversion?
Give me a call if you need help. I pull the metal plate off the M246 to find that the fifth wheel was cut from the base plate. So now i am looking another part

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks