Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need Part: IP Pump Hydraulic Head Ring Clip needed to hold button on rod

Thanks

Default Need Part: IP Pump Hydraulic Head Ring Clip needed to hold button on rod

Would anyone have a good ring clip (part number 01843-RG902 ) It's a small ring with three end clips that holds the button on the bottom of the Hydraulic Head. My Deuce stropped running, got her started ran home, she died again, and would not bleed fuel to the lines. We finally (6 Months later due to other projects like building the new garage) got around to troubleshooting, and upon pulling the HH, I found the clip bent over with two end tips missing off the clip, and the button in the bottom of the IP well where the HH goes.

Instead of pulling apart the entire HH, to work on the pump rod, I really think it just needs the darned clip.

A .10 cent part kills a truck

If someone had a button as well, (PN:01843-BO901)I'm positive they are made to be replaced to keep the proper flow going, etc. There's a machined groove in the middle of mine that looks to be a wear groove similar (but opposite design) to a tire wear bar. This groove is likely supposed to be measured and replaced if the 'line' is under a certain length. Mine seems to be about 1/8" to 3/32" long. (I did not measure it in the minimal light I had, and I don't have photo's to post at this point due to the Hurricane knocking power out for the past 5 (so far) days )

County wanted a High Water rescue vehicle and that's what drove us to finally get around to trying to fix her.

Please let me know if there's a source for these, else wise it's destroy a good pump for that little part (when I can find the pump in all this confusion going on...)
    V/R W. Winget
    Virginia

www.VMPA.US

Looking forward to it running for this event:
    The VWM MILITARY VEHICLE AND MILITARIA SHOW, Sept 17/18th - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Sat, 10:00-4:00 PM Sun, Virginia War Museum at Huntington Park, 9285 Warwick Blvd. in Newport News, VA. (Next to James River Bridge) Rare and historic Military Vehicles & Militaria dealers will be selling, trading & buying all variety of military collectibles ranging from uniforms, insignia, firearms, field gear, ammo, parts to weapons - all countries & eras from the Civil War to Desert Storm! Admission: FREE!

Thanks

For those that may follow the HH internal parts discussion, I found AMBAC sells the clips (maybe) for $1.02 part number RG902 (again maybe) so I ordered Two of them to see if they are correct. They list a "button as BO903 (not BO901 as per the manual) but then the button has no associated price and is likely not in stock.

AMBAC's web site: https://store.webstorepackage.com/am...eb/default.asp

They apparently took over BOSCH and several other manufacturers.
    Hoping this will work, I tried to look up a plunger (one of the main problems Deuce owners will have down the line) but no luck cross referenceing the part number I had, so if someone had a true military parts number book on the HH internal parts that might come in handy. (unlike the photo that states "non-supply items" in the header)

$12 shipping for a part that weighs about as much as a postage stamp...oh well, hope it works.

V/R W. Winget
    www.vmpa.us

dumpsterlandingfromorbit! gimpyrobb's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,709 Times in 4,546 Posts

Please follow up when you get them in. I need a couple too.

Thanks

AMBAC actually called me... Said they have the Button for $50, and the BO903 fits in place of the BO901 (Nice lady checked with a gentleman that had worked there as long as the Deuce has been made....) To add to this she covered the cost of shipping if I went ahead and bought the button... So I theoretically have two retainers and a button coming from AMBAC for around $40. Now if this works, that's going to be a NEW, correct length stoke on the fuel and likely increase my performance, so I may have to retard the fuel setting down the line (just thinking it through)
    Or it could all be a bust, but I CAN state the Company was very cooperative and helpful, and it was very nice to see that type service for a $2.00 purchase I had made...

Deuce might be up by the weekend YAAHOO!

V/R W. Winget

Thanks

Well long story short they sent the correct parts which arrived the next day. I installed them to no avail, as the shaft had actually frozen on the fuel shutoff block and this subsequently broke the little yoke clip that ensures the shaft turns (broken in 4 parts). I installed another IP HH from a donor deuce and she fired right up. Now to contact AMBAC and get the parts to rebuild the old one just for a spare.
    V/R W Winget

Thanks

Thank you. Let us know how your next contact goes!

Thanks

And as a FINAL follow-up to this...After tracking down the guide PN GU404360 (the little two eared yoke that the gear drives to spin the plunger as the cam drives it up and down) and calling AMBAC to find out it was only $8.43 for the part, I started discussing it with their pump guy... I was curious about the plunger and sleeve, which were not available seperately as they are fitted TO the HH. And get this, they are polished to the 10 micron level.... So if you can polish with valve lapping compuond and use an air guage to check the fit, then you may succeed in getting the plunger to plunge up and down again, and possibly not have fuel leak past it when pumping, thereby filling your crankcase with fuel....

In otherwords, he would sell me 50 of them at a GREAT deal (about $800 each) but he could sell the entire pump for around that as well. I think I saw the Chinese copy of these going for around $400 but as I have an old deuce injector pump set up already I'll forego further adventures in Pump hunting.

Bottom Line...keep your fuel clean, add an addative!! ( they even sell it, not sure what type) and save any old injector pump you happen to come across for that Hydraulic Head....even if you see one headed to the scrap yard, the pump head should be pulled and saved... IMHO
    V/R W Winget

Thanks

I agree, I try to get as many IPs as I can. Sorry to say, I don't have many.

Thanks

Bump for a member that needs this info!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gimpyrobb For This Useful Post:

ridingshotgun (07-11-2013)

Thanks

Were you ever able to find drawings and specs for the HH? I intend to try
    to clean up guts of my old one and use it for a spare.

Do you have one of the clips or know where to get one or two?

Thanks for the help,
    Orren
    M36A2C W/W 1969 Kaiser/Jeep
    MIL-P-53065(ME) Fuel Transfer Pump

Civi 8' x 16' Flatbed Trailer(Dual Axle)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast