• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally!!

hcso1988

Hi all, this is my first post here but I have been stalking you all since 2008 :) I finally took the plunge and bought my first M35A2 from GL. I have been reading and researching on this site since I registered and I'm pretty excited to say the least. I was wondering if some of you knowledgeable owners can take a look at the new toy and tell me if she has a turbo or not. The description say's LD-465 which I understand to not have a turbo but from the pictures it may. Thoughts? Not that I'm super concerned about it, from what I have read adding one seems pretty cut and dry. I also wanted to thank you all for the information I have gathered from this site, I am really excited to go and recover my first (of many if all goes well :-o:-o) MV. I understand once the bug gets to you, its all over. :p
2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

Also, they say unknown running condition but if you watch the video, it is clearly running and all the miles/hours match. Seemed like it was running to me :p

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hcso, the photo of the motor shows the intake pipe leading downward, under the manifold, indicating there is a turbo embedded below!

You are good to go! Congrats on the purchase and best wishes to you and your budding addiction.

Rick

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would say welcome to the site, but I guess "welcome to posting" is more accurate.

Looks like a solid ride. Definitely a Non-turbo.

You'll want to save the pictures from the auction to your computer and post them here. The GL link will go dead in a month or so.

Congrats!

ODdave

FWIW, looks non turbo to me. Nothing wrong with that though, just means one less thing to go wrong. They dont do a ton for power anyways. The N/A trucks are far less common so be proud !

Enjoy.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's odd is the data plate list it as a '71. I've never seen a LD in a '71 truck. I thought they were all LDT by then.

hcso1988

Thanks all!!! So it is very possible to turbo it correct? I know it doesn't do much but I LOVE the sound. I have a 2007 f250 and I straight piped it just for the sound. So yeah, I'm one of those guys :p and I'm from noblesville Indiana.

x-ray

I have a non-turbo and its not too bad on power (until transfer case went - but that will be fixed soon)

Anyways, I will say that the non-turbo with the muffler & small pipe is indeed a bit more quiet. With a non-turbo is you can't turn up the fuel and expect to increase power/performance, but like I said, its not bad and will be fun to drive as is.

However - A turbo can be added and there seems to be some D turbos floating around for reasonable and the C turbos seem to go for more, but that I think is for those that want that popular whister turbo sound.

Enjoy the truck - great price on that too.

91W350

I am wishing I had a non turbo deuce for driving around town. That turbo cool down time when you make a two mile hop is a bummer. I always wanted a C or whistler, until I drove one. I was over that screaming thing in about 15 miles. I could fire up the whistler, walk over a block from home and still hear it chirping away on idle. Give me and my old dog a good D turbo and we are both happy. Looks like a solid truck. I would guess the tach has been replaced, 41mph average is rolling down the road. Appears to have an original style speedometer. Glen

Last edited:

hoop

No turbo...starts and runs.
It has a muffler stuffed behind the battery box. Those are quiet running.

hcso1988

Good deal, thanks all. I am thinking about having it hauled back home. It's 290 miles door to door. I have a 07 F250 powerstroke, but she's just not rated for a trailer and load that big. Gotta decide if I want to pay someone to haul it or try and drive the new rig home. Thoughts?

eagle4g63

I just made a trek that long yesterday and I can tell you....fun and tiring in a deuce! and I drive mine everyday. I would maybe do it again, if I only had to drive the deuce one way I did that long of a trip both ways(to pick up a trailer)

In a new deuce(to me) I think I would look for help(from someone with experience with these) to get it home, especially if you haven't driven one yet! Not saying don't drive it if it all checks out ok, just some help would be nice.

Just my 2 cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks