• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loading trailers at Chambersburg

Oros35

I need to get 4 M101a2 trailers loaded at Chambersburg. What can I expect? Says they will help load flatbeds. What do I need to be prepared for?

The trailer is a 20' flatbed goosekneck with 5' beaver and winch. Not sure how they all will fit. I'm hoping I can get them set nose to tail overlapping. Or maybe stacked.

Any experience or advise?
Thanks!

Oros35

Recovery went very well. At first he wasn't keen on doing it my way, but asked that I write on the invoice that GL is not responsible for damage while loading and sign it. Worked for me. He then loaded it my way. Said that he wouldn't stack them but when I described how I planned to do it he didn't have a problem with it. Just wouldn't do it with one completely inside the other.

They fit very nicely on my trailer. And were pretty easy to secure too. They would have all fit on a 21-22' deck. The last one sat on the ramps, but that's what that style ramp is meant to do.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nonotagain

How did you do that? The goose neck trailer has frown a set of legs below the first trailer up on the neck.

Most GL locations will accommodate you once they get a feel for how you are as a customer and if they feel that your loading method is safe. Once they get the signed release it's up to you.

I had GL stack a couple of M796 trailers on top of one another for me. I didn't care about the trailer condition, just that I could get them chained down till I got to the scrap yard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks