• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from South Dakota

MrM4

I just thought I would say hello to everyone here. I recently took an interest in MVs. The Bobbed Duece is what I am after, Ive spent alot of hours reading and I have had the chance to meet a few of the local guys who visit the site in person although I have yet to put user names with real names.

I am just tryign to decide which m35 to buy, a2 or a3. That seems to be the million dollar question around here.

Matt

MrM4

I am thinking 2 door, I had a chance to read a couple threads on the 4 door conversion, very cool but not quite what I was hoping for.

I am leaning twords the A2 hard top with a 105 box bob job using the 105 springs and 49" or 53" tires. Maybe moving the fuel tank into the box with a spare and maybe adding a rig mount.

wsucougarx

Welcome aboard Matt, I say buy both;-) Then you can really do a side by side comparison;-) Get an A3 for the Mrs. with the automatic and Air-O-Matic steering.

KsM715

I am thinking 2 door, I had a chance to read a couple threads on the 4 door conversion, very cool but not quite what I was hoping for.

I am leaning twords the A2 hard top with a 105 box bob job using the 105 springs and 49" or 53" tires. Maybe moving the fuel tank into the box with a spare and maybe adding a rig mount.

Welcome to SS.

I grew up just outside Rapid City. I have just what you need minus the big tires. We (the family) go back home to the Hills every Thanksgiving. If I leave now I could have it delivered to you about then. :razz:

Attachments

MrM4

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I see there are a few guys from this part of the world here on SS that I know and a few that I have yet to meet.

dilligaf13

Welcome. Alot of the A2 or A3 debate comes done to cost and preference. I'm starting a bobbed A2 build this weekend. I prefer the M35 front springs for the bob over the M105 but once again it's prefernce.

Rustsleeps

Welcome to SS. Love South Dakota and the people I have met from there (so far). After the last time out there I tried to convince the wife it was much warmer, and even though it snows, it doesn't last as long as it does here. She said there were no palm trees in South Dakota. The next day the news warned us there was a winter storm coming. They also reported I-90 was CLOSED in SD. She gave me THE LOOK, then just glared at me for a while.:)

MrM4

Thanks again for the welcome guys, its amazing how many local people there are here or people who used to live around here. I have the truck bobbed and the back lift kit installed, just need to do the front. Thanks to everyone for sharing so much helpful info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks