• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best CB To Purchase

AN/ARC186

on a vehicle whats the best spot? i was thinking of mounting behind my cab. a 102" whip but maybe have it on my mirror bracket and tie to down towards the back? or can i mount it on the bed and bend it back?
I have a mount fabbed up already you can have, it bolts to the bed so it will work on the trailer or the truck.

Goose2448

Does he have the 102 mounted to a step stool on the roof of the truck? I think we are still under 15 feet.

Its on the top of a Suburban. Ground to top of roof is about 6'10 or so, plus 8.5 feet, gives you over 15'. And most of the time the antenna lays back, so its about 15' tall. I have hit the bottoms of bridges that were marked 15'.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks