• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauging Intrest in Fiberglass Deuce Hard Tops...

Triple R

i just picked up a new hardtop and back support with sliding window...i was going to cut a hole in the top to allow use of a ring mount. but i started to think that it would be a shame to destroy a NOS top....so i was wondering if i could get it made out of fiberglass. it would b easier to cut and etc etc...

wanted to know if anyone would be interested in the top made from fiberglass.

if their is enough want i would have to get molds made....

let me know!

R

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i just picked up a new hardtop and back support with sliding window...i was going to cut a hole in the top to allow use of a ring mount. but i started to think that it would be a shame to destroy a NOS top....so i was wondering if i could get it made out of fiberglass. it would b easier to cut and etc etc...

let me know!

R
I am in on the top and back, what about a complete one piece A3 hood?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
FYI, aftermarket glass tops already exist, although you may have some success taking them and adding ring mount access.

http://www.idahomotorpool.com/ Scroll 3/4 of the way down the page

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A simple Google search for M35A2 fiberglass top....

KsM715

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry guys. I was on so much cough syrup last night that I told the dog the what to type and he did the post. I must have told him twice.

I have deleted the duplicate post.

I am no longer high.

Carry on.

Darwin T

i bought mine from Memphis Equipment Company to do just that. when i get my M-66 installed i am going to cut the hole and put the ring off of the old rusty top that it is on now. i won't be able to stand on the roof because it does not have the reinforcements but the ring support will bolt on flat with out the supports and that is what i wanted. as soon as i get the PTO installed on my winch the M-66 install is next on the to do list. then start the RV Cconversion.

Attachments

Triple R

well that one company wont ship....i would be able to ship and have the top either a one/two part top. plus i could do it for cheaper then 700.00. two parts would be easier to ship. but one would look cleaner...i dont know...

R

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fiberglass hardtop suggestions

Great idea. I suggest you add side window visors and maybe a windshield
visor, too. Also, have option of no rear window, or non slider or slider types.

Good luck,
Orren

let me know!

R

Darwin T

if you are going to make it a 2 piece and if you are looking for improvements on the current ones. when you get to the front edge roll it under and have a storage ledge over the windshield and make it thik enought to mount a cb or a cab light under it. it would also hide any wires for cab and clearance lights. it would only need to be 6 to 8 inchs from the front edge. however leaveroom to get the mounting bolts in. i had one of these in my x-wifes mini van, really handy.

ps. this would also give you a place to mount sun visors.

Attachments

Triple R

well, i will head over to the Glass people hopefully by the end of the week, maybe sat. i will look into a two part top. i will have a recess for a sliding rear window/area to cut a hole... i will also put in a double thick 8" ledge in the front of the top for storage/wires/etc....i will have to look how to bolt the top on... but that should not be to hard...i may have to make a kit where studs have to protrude from the top of the window and fit into the top. then you secure it with 4-6 nuts and washers/ or a steel or alum. bar that runs the length of the window...

I will keep you posted! my goal is to get the cost around 450-500.00 plus ship.

Seth_O

Subscribed. I'd be interested in one, it seems I can never find a decent one on the west coast for a reasonable price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks