• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restoration of M43 by first time MV buyer

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going to stencil on MASH 4077th and dress up like klinger when you drive it? :lol: Great job....
Thanks...had a good laugh with your post.

I am stenciling the ambulance with the 212th Mash markings to honor the last mash unit to be deactivated in the U.S. Army. This unit was previously the 12th Evacuation Hospital and is the most decorated medical unit in the U.S, Army.

The unit was first established in 1917 to assist in WWI in France as the U.S. Evacuation Hospital No. 12. It is now the 212th CSH (Combat Support Hospital) based in Miesau, Germany.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good. Motivates me to get back on mine. I'm amazed that you can still spray paint out there.

Pretty stiff regulations on paint formulations and paint spraying in most of California. My county allows acryllic enamel to be sold and used while most other counties in the state do not...go figure?

I live in a rural part of California that is 2.5 to 3 hours from Reno, Nevada, or 40 minutes from Mammoth mountain, California. The town is conservative and has that old style patriotic and neighborly flavor coupled with a stripe
of strong individualism. I think that this is the reason why we have a bit more
freedom and breathing room than other areas of the state that have
succumbed to the mentality and behavior proferred in other areas of this state.

Gunfreak25

Pretty stiff regulations on paint formulations and paint spraying in most of California. My county allows acryllic enamel to be sold and used while most other counties in the state do not...go figure?

I live in a rural part of California that is 2.5 to 3 hours from Reno, Nevada, or 40 minutes from Mammoth mountain, California. The town is conservative and has that old style patriotic and neighborly flavor coupled with a stripe
of strong individualism. I think that this is the reason why we have a bit more
freedom and breathing room than other areas of the state that have
succumbed to the mentality and behavior proferred in other areas of this state.
Ahh, the first thing nanny staters outlawed was common sense. Spray paint fumes are a lot less hazardous to your health than all that liberal hot air they're breathing in. :lol:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahh, the first thing nanny staters outlawed was common sense. Spray paint fumes are a lot less hazardous to your health than all that liberal hot air they're breathing in. :lol:
My sentiments exactly!

Common sense is a rare commodity in this nanny state with its severe left leaning.

This sitiation has even led recent movements to try to divide this state into two or three seperate states!

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well when Cali dips into the Pacific, your more than welcome to come on over here to AZ. Ocean front property. :D
What a wonderful thought. Arizona ocean front property...

Moving to Arizona is more than a strong possibility. I have two daughters in Tucson, one daughter in Phoenix and my dad grew up in the Globe, Miami area . My commanding general and I recently looked in the Tucson area for a 1.5 to 2.5 acre lot with a small house and big barn type garage for my MV toys but were unsuccessful.

Who knows what the future will bring?

Gunfreak25

Tucson is home to Jacks Government Surplus. You will go broke in no time! Come to Yuma, I am a lone steel soldier down here. :(

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tucson is home to Jacks Government Surplus. You will go broke in no time! Come to Yuma, I am a lone steel soldier down here. :(
The Mrs General and I went thru Yuma and had a great time. I am going to look at the real estate in that area on a whim and who knows what might happen?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished painting from the windshield forward. This is the prep and paint work for the rest of the ambulance. The cross on the roof was awkward to do.

I have ordered paint masks for the truck unit markings etc.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Down to the wire...

Finished all my unit marlings on the truck.

Getting new 900 X 16 NDT tires, flaps and tubes mounted next week.

Will have the pioneers tools, jerry cans and other miscellaneous items on the truck next week as well as some added interior items.

I will post the final finished pictures next week and you will finally be rid of me and my M43....

Thank you all for looking and remarking.

Great site with great people.

Attachments

Gunfreak25

Very nice, I want to see it in person! You going to take any road trips in it? You could just sleep on a litter. :beer:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a M25A2 (my avatar) to tow the ambulance to different places.

I will be fixing it up as well and soon on the road to Tucson. Will definitely drop by and see ya!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks