• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

N Scale train

12Bravo

I was digging around in some totes and found my N scale Army train and some 1:144 scale vehicles. I'm going to start building a table/layout for them when not working on my M170

Attachments

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look up some of the TM's for those type vehicles, you can find the instructions for how the vehicles should be chained and blocked for transport. With some stripwood and scale chain you could have some really nice looking cars. It wouldn't take long either.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Derrickl112;938258[B said:
]not only that, but the cars are so light its hard to keep them on the tracks![/B]

I have some HO military stuff that i can share with everyone if there would be any interest...
I just weighted to scale, that took care of the derailing, did the same thing in HO

What HO do you have, vehicles???

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

A lot of old cars are not weighted properly. This causes them to derail easily. I also enjoy n scale. I have 93 locomotives and over 300 cars. Micro-Trains has some nice military stuff. It is for commemoration, not models of real equipment, but it's still nice.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am too blind for N scale also....I used to have a huge collection of Lionel O scale.....old stuff back to the 40's.

I sold the bulk of it to finance my first deuce.

I think an O scale model of a WWII railroad gun would be super cool.....especially if it would fire scale blanks.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
QUOTE:

If you look up some of the TM's for those type vehicles, you can find the instructions for how the vehicles should be chained and blocked for transport. With some stripwood and scale chain you could have some really nice looking cars. It wouldn't take long either.

Dont forget the train inspectors with their tanker bars hitting the chains, checking for the right "TINK" sound if you do a rail load scene.. Also the bridges from flat car to flat car. Add little spools of mechanics wire littered about the area... Orange road guard vests too!

Been there, done that.....

twa@ezdn.net

Not a member of the NMRA any more but I follow there standards and have little problem.
I no longer have a layout but operate on some top notch layouts in my area

12Bravo

Dont forget the train inspectors with their tanker bars hitting the chains, checking for the right "TINK" sound if you do a rail load scene.. Also the bridges from flat car to flat car. Add little spools of mechanics wire littered about the area... Orange road guard vests too!

Been there, done that.....
So have I, the first unit I was assigned to was an Army Reserve Railway Bn. The company I was in maintained the tracks and right of ways (never could figure out why they needed/wanted a combat engineer in a trans. unit). I did my share of pounding spikes and guarding trains both state side and in Germany. The train in the picture is a Micro Trains set "US Army set #2". Not as much military stuff for N scale as there is for HO.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2/4 ok the firetrucks arnt MV's but i thought i would include them anyway. The models were my dads thing. some are incomplete because he past away before they were finished. The cameral was dead so i had to use a cell phone to take the pictures.

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I thought I was the only model train nut on here. With the models that I inherited from my father, and what I own, I have some 1500 cars, and 750 locomotives.
And before you think that is a lot, my father was in the hobby for 60 years, and I have been collecting/building for 37.:jumpin::mrgreen:

12Bravo

I have found that the 1:144 scale military vehicles works pretty good for N scale, not exact but pretty close to the correct scale. Derrickl112, nice layout.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found that the 1:144 scale military vehicles works pretty good for N scale, not exact but pretty close to the correct scale. Derrickl112, nice layout.

Thanks. thats only part of it. its 4'x17'. it would have been bigger, but we had limited space.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks